Mazda i-stop not working...

Not to mention just about every one has it now. It's not dangerous. I hated it on my Volvo loaner...But I wasn't afraid.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I had a Chevy rental and had no idea what it was until I stopped at a light and it "shut down" the engine. Shocked me until I realized what was happening. But otherwise it worked fine and I got 38 mpg on my little trip.

I've had occasions when leaving a blind junction for a right turn that the istop has cut in just because i've applied a little too much pressure on the brake pedal, but not been aware its cut out until i floor the accelerator to get out quickly. when a gap in traffic presents its self.

At this juntion after a blind bend the speed limit is 70mph, and drivers ignore the slow signs only seeing the 70 limit.
I always turn it off, but because its very random when it actually operates, i often forget. Its a distraction i don't need.

With the manual i had it was less of a problem because i always keep the clutch depressed, which prevents i stop from working. But even then on occasions when i leave the car with the engine running to open a gate the dam thing could cut out, no point for the 20 seconds in running it "saves"

Only time i've ever found it useful was at one particular set of lights which staid at red for a long time, in those circumstances i would have turned a non istop car off.

Please explain why You think it's dangerous with an auto?
I have it in my CX-3 auto and it works perfectly and has never put in a dangerous situation, so I'm curious as to when that would be.

I have iStop as well and i live in central america. I do like how it works and that it does saves gas. The main thing to keep in mind here is how much pressure you apply to the break pedal as this is the trigger to activate the system. In regards to the OP question. Plase check the levels of water on your battery to see of your missing a bit. It happened to me once and my battery was running a bit low.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

But even then on occasions when i leave the car with the engine running to open a gate the dam thing could cut out, no point for the 20 seconds in running it "saves"

Hello xtrailman.

I have an auto too. In my experience the only time the i-stop operates is when I deliberately press the brake pedal really hard or put the car in neutral at a stop. I've never had it stop by itself without driver intervention. My CX-5 was manufactured in June 2016 so perhaps Mazda have "finessed" the operation somehow?

Mine works perfectly with auto. I have saved quite a lot of fuel with it - well on the way to my 3rd tree according to the display!

113aea5ce99eba510bf7125ce7aeaaee.jpg
current istop stats

Impressive :)
What's with the 0 km/h up in the right corner next to the clock?
That's the date to status bar mod. It gives you gps speed, compass heading and altitute.

thanks Joaks for that image - we dont have iStop in USA. Right now my commute is 7 miles on a 3 lane inner road before i hit the hwy. There are two major intersections where iStop would probably save me tiny bit of Gas. US just gets less and less fun stuff it seems.

You said you have added some mods to the stock display - do you think your warranty is void - can you point a layman to it?

thanks Joaks for that image - we dont have iStop in USA. Right now my commute is 7 miles on a 3 lane inner road before i hit the hwy. There are two major intersections where iStop would probably save me tiny bit of Gas. US just gets less and less fun stuff it seems.

You said you have added some mods to the stock display - do you think your warranty is void - can you point a layman to it?
As for the mods, in my country there's only 1 mazda authorized dealer and they dont even know ( or they're not interested) on how to update the infotaiment system. So i think im covered there. As for the mods themselves there are a few very lengthy threads on mazda3revolution forums regarding all that is available for our systems. Word of warning thought, this mods can brick the system if you dont know what you're doing.

The AIO mod thing is very safe. Trying to hack Android Auto on it is the risky thing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Date to status mod is a must with my car, I don't understand why it isn't standard, but its easily the best mod I've made.

But I have had no end of BT problems with both my cx-5s, so its essential to be able to see the phone status, instead of a street name, even when not on the nav page.

Date to status mod is a must with my car, I don't understand why it isn't standard, but its easily the best mod I've made.

But I have had no end of BT problems with both my cx-5s, so its essential to be able to see the phone status, instead of a street name, even when not on the nav page.

How do I do it xtm? Are you also saying you've managed to stop those damn street names popping up?

How do I do it xtm? Are you also saying you've managed to stop those damn street names popping up?

Following this, as I hate those street names popping up and to able to remove them would be great (although I'm a bit scared of bricking the system).

The tweak moves the BT signal to the RHS as shown in the image posted previously, so yes the street name still comes up, but it doesn't cover the BT.

Follow the instructions on here.
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...io-electronics/122458-aio-all-one-tweaks.html

PS only use a small memory stick say 2gb or 4gb, I tried a 8 or 16 can't remember exactly and it wouldn't work in the car.

Last edited:
Back