i-stop not working on brand new CX-5?

Side note here...You may have noticed that apostrophe and quotation marks were turning into asterisks for a little while (due to new server move)...I believe it should be fine now, unfortunately though the existing asterisk marks will have to be manually corrected so please do so if you like...Apologies for the inconvenience!

Ps...Please keep this thread on topic, thanks!

Update on I-stop not working from
new.
Took it back to the dealer where I bought the car from and they were great. None for this we need the car for a day BS! This guy said, it likely needs a reset, lets start it with that.... 20 minutes later and I was back in business. I-stop now works, all fuel economy screens are displaying key data.
I have to say I am impressed with the way it engages compared to other cars I have driven. Very smooth and non intrusive.

Thought so that it needed a reset. Glad to hear it's always off for you :)

this I stop system is complete failure.no matter what I do,and I do it all+battery is100%full it doesn't work,had the car for a year been in the dealership 5times already they reset it it works for 2weeks then it doesn't ever again.

Here's the complete list of parameters to be met for iStop to activate.

Attachments

• IMG-3626.jpg
    IMG-3626.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 215
If iStop works after a reset and stop working after a while, it could mean one of the external parameters are not met, or there's a DTC (diagnostic trouble code) error. It could be some failed sensor or emissions system issue. Get the dealer to check what is the code and rectify the issue. You could probably go to the Infotainment screen, under Applications, Vehicle Status Monitor to check for any errors that might show up there.

You can reset it at home - the easiest way is to disconnect the battery negative lead for half an hour*. If you also ensure the battery is fully charged using a smart charger designed for EFB batteries, it should start working again after a mile or two. A new battery is not usually necessary. The ECU measures various attributes of the battery (more than just voltage - it tries to determine internal resistance and other measures of condition) and the blue halo will not illuminate if it is unhappy. Sometimes the ECU just gets it wrong and "condemns" the battery wrongly, then the blue halo will disappear until a reset.

*this will reset your trip meter, fuel consumption, seat memory and a few other things but will not do any harm or cause any warning lights to come on

Back