I own an 03 USDM P5 and today....I bought an 03 UKDM 323F Sport

TeamPlayers

:
P5 and some other econo box
Longtime member and a bit of a lurker, but as the title states I am currently in possession of the exact same car.

Well so I thought.

Sparing you all the details of how and why I have two of the same car, here are a few things that are different between the two...

-Traction control!!!!
-Fold down front passenger seat
-Fold down middle armrest in back seat
-Doors cannot be locked if one is open
-Black trim headlights
-Fog lights can be turned on without low-beams being on
-Average MPG, realtime MPG, and miles left on tank in the cluster
-Heated driver side mirror
-One touch up on drivers window
-A few secs after you remove the key you can still put the windows up
-Metalic "323F" trim in door sill
-Exhaust is routed a bit different
-There seems to be an additional pump system underneath the oil filter

I'm sure there may be a few other things but I only just drove it home. Now I know there may be a few things that are done for silly legal reasons but why such the difference in the same car? If you told me I could have all that on my USDM car but would have to pay extra I'd gladly pay for it. And to be honest I'm a bit dissapointed.

Some may or may not care but I figured I'd put it out for discussion sake.

Very interested in some pics of the EDM ride..................what about single DIN stereo with small cubby/clock combo under it? Does it have......rear cupholders? extended center console armrest? footwell lighting? what grill? stubby or long rear bumper? which front bumper? the little aeroblade thingy on one of the wiper arms?

Last edited:
Very interested in some pics of the EDM ride..................what about single DIN stereo with small cubby/clock combo under it? Does it have......rear cupholders? extended center console armrest? footwell lighting? what grill? stubby or long rear bumper? which front bumper? the little aeroblade thingy on one of the wiper arms?

It's double DIN with no cassette, so no cubby. The console has one though

Rear cupholders...yes

no footwell lighting but the glovebox is and has a lock

Aeroblade thingy is there and the rest you can see from the two pics I posted. More will eventually come.

2015-09-2.jpg2015-09-28.jpg

1lrgPL8.jpg

oG1gFHu.jpg

So the edm clock/cubby thing is in the console in front of cupholders? The aeroblade thingy I'm talking about looks like a small wing on one of the wiper arms. I see stubby bumper/lip on 323F. Dunno what grill on P5. LEDs on either side of license plate on P5. The P5 is LHD and 323F is RHD...cool, now you have one for whatever side of the road you drive on in whatever country in Europe. Looks like the smooth M6 rr wiper arm on 323F and plain one of P5. I spy the rain light red on 323F tails. Always been interested in the BJ variations like Etude, Familia, Astina, Genko(IIRC), & whichever other names I am missing.

So the edm clock/cubby thing is in the console in front of cupholders? The aeroblade thingy I'm talking about looks like a small wing on one of the wiper arms. I see stubby bumper/lip on 323F. Dunno what grill on P5. LEDs on either side of license plate on P5. The P5 is LHD and 323F is RHD...cool, now you have one for whatever side of the road you drive on in whatever country in Europe. Looks like the smooth M6 rr wiper arm on 323F and plain one of P5. I spy the rain light red on 323F tails. Always been interested in the BJ variations like Etude, Familia, Astina, Genko(IIRC), & whichever other names I am missing.
The cubby in the center console is similar to the MP3 back home....ie its folding. No clock that I know of. The aeroblade is definitely on the wiper arm. The grill on the P5 is after market put on by me and made by a member here....years ago. LED running lights are required by UK law which the 323 has but in a different form in the headlights....basically a lower dim running light. And yes the 323 has the fog light in the tail.

Friday I will throw it up on a lift and try to get pics of all the differences
folding mirrors?

Don't think it has folding mirrors but there was a button next to the mirror adjustment that I didn't push...

Is your foglight switch a push button mounted on the dash next to the car, or is it on the wiper stalk? I like that style much better than the push button.

Any one no how hard it is to swap a auto tranny from my protege 5 and put a manual in out i have a wreacked parts car. That's 5speed

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Any one no how hard it is to swap a auto tranny from my protege 5 and put a manual in out i have a wreacked parts car. That's 5speed

You should've started a new thread instead of hijacking this one. And you can Google or use the forum search function. Here are just a few that popped up in my search on Google:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123682158-2002-protege-5-auto-to-manual-tranny-swap

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123793306-Engine-swap-auto-engine-to-manual-tranny

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123813996-Swapping-transmission

Last edited:
That's where the power fold button goes if fitted.
There seems to be a button there but I can't push or pull it. Dunno if it is broke or not yet.
Is your foglight switch a push button mounted on the dash next to the car, or is it on the wiper stalk? I like that style much better than the push button.

There are two separate buttons for both front and rear fogs. Both are located next to where you would dim your cluster/interior lights.

O god i bought it and it has meaning behind the paint like her mom died from breast cancer and loved cats now its my daughters car so before u hate no the history

And now its gonna be boosted 5speed. So it will be one fast pusy

I'm curious to see pictures of the interior. It doesnt have the "automatic" climate control does it? What does the cluster look like? It amazes me such fancy options were offered overseas, but not here. I know americans with their gadgets sure would have paid extra to have them

Back