I have No Rack!!!

BKJT05

:
2002 Protege 5
Finally found some roof rack caps so i took the rack off today. I love it, looks so much cleaners. Anyways i got a question. the caps i baught were used and they are faded alot more then the rest of the bars, is there a way to paint or make everything blend and look good???

Before....

roofrackless%20005.JPG

roofrackless%20006.JPG

roofrackless%20007.JPG

roofrackless%20008.JPG

After....

roofrackless%20009.JPG

roofrackless%20010.JPG

roofrackless%20011.JPG

roofrackless%20012.JPG

Looks good but before long you'll want to remove them entirely. At least, that's what I've been thinking about doing since summer '06 when I got the caps for mine.

I need to find some caps. I'm getting sick of mine. I just keep telling myself that it adds structural strength....

that back to black stuff might work.

thats what i think im going to try

Looks good but before long you'll want to remove them entirely. At least, that's what I've been thinking about doing since summer '06 when I got the caps for mine.

well, i was going to go ahead and remove it completly, but honestly i dont like the look of it with nothing at all. i like it this way

well, i was going to go ahead and remove it completly, but honestly i dont like the look of it with nothing at all. i like it this way
Yeah, that's the only thing holding me back. If it weren't such a tedious project I'd probably just do it anyway but I don't want to rid apart my headliner just to do something I may not like in the end.

i got the filler strips in the garage...will be installing them this winter....can't wait to get rid of those ungly black caps!!

tedious project? I did it on my lunch break one day. the how-to's on this site walk you through it. I just popped a few panels, ohshit bars,et c. off, dropped the headliner down, and ratcheted out the nuts....

re-installation was easy. it would take longer with the moon roof though, but not much longer. for the holes in the roof, I just cleaned the roof and filled them up with a shitload of silicone, ....no leaks!!! the filler strips were easy to install too.

i got the filler strips in the garage...will be installing them this winter....can't wait to get rid of those ungly black caps!!
Instead of getting rid of those caps, you should send them my way! I will pay or something lol. I can send you a free wendys meal coupon and pay for shipping haha!

Instead of getting rid of those caps, you should send them my way! I will pay or something lol. I can send you a free wendys meal coupon and pay for shipping haha!
haha...don't care for wendys, but if you're really interested, i'll send em your way, you pay for the shipping and they're yours..(yes)...let me know, prob won't get them off until feb....

Well, just like a car, with a woman you can always have a new rack put on, I'm thinking a nice set of aftermarket perky C cups..., or just trade the whole thing in for a younger model...

You can always use black shoe wax...the father of my girlfriend did that on the B pillars of his '89 cutlass. they were grey, when they supposed to be black..so he tried black shoe wax. After 2 years, it faded a bit but ITS BLACK!

Back