I have improved my mileage by adding ACETONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
cutting up ur credit card also saves money...and its free (unless u have to buy a scissors)

GNO said:
I put a magnet on my fuel line.
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
That won't strip my paint.

If it doesn't work right away, rub your credit cards on it. If you're like me and use your cc's a lot, it'll alter your spending habits so you'll be using less $.

I found some government site that tests all these gas saver products and lists all those that showed no increase in MPG and the magnet thing was on the list. Also read some other pages where there were independant tests and all showed no difference.

There are no differences. This thread was started to see how many naive, gullable, brainwashable lemming & sheep there are out there to form a new cult. Emails will be forth coming based upon everyone's individual remarks & beliefs with instructions on how to join up. (Tin foil hats accepted)

JAmazan said:
Hell, moonshine might end up workin better than gasoline if anyone ever tried it.

The great state of California has mandated that the gas we burn does indeed contain up to 10% moonshine, AKA ethanol. There are lots of cars in the world that run on straight ethanol, most seem to be in Brazil where they have a big program to make it from sugarcane, but I doubt your P5 is going to be happy running on straight moonshine.

Did anyone that this didn't work for bother to gap the plugs down or just ignore that part?

Has any one seen a scientific study done on this that validates the results? You know... one done by people in white coats in a lab with controlled variables?

***Crickets***

Yeah, that should tell you something. (deadhorse

joey said:
Has any one seen a scientific study done on this that validates the results? You know... one done by people in white coats in a lab with controlled variables?

***Crickets***

Please refer to post #167.........

joey said:

***Crickets***

After reading the seafoam thread, I'm beginning to think some people will put anything in their engine, just for the sake of putting something in their engine. I was going to post my opinion, but figured I'd do what my momma always told me; 'if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all'. :)

This thread has turned retarded.
BTW first gas tank with 3oz/10gals is done, it did increase my mileage from @26mpg to 30mpg, yes 15% increase and no my driving habits were exactly the same as before.

Revs said:
This thread has turned retarded.
BTW first gas tank with 3oz/10gals is done, it did increase my mileage from @26mpg to 30mpg, yes 15% increase and no my driving habits were exactly the same as before.

You can't claim a mpg increase the way you did it--there are way too many variables on one tank of gas, not to mention, how do you know how many gallons of gas you actually used?

1) First fill your tank. Set your trip odo or record your mileage.
Drive till the tank is empty, fill it again and divide the number of miles by
the
number of gallons puchased. Repeat this process at least five or six times
for a relatively accurate mpg.

2 Then add the acetone, or whatever mod/additive you are comparing and
repeat the above process. Compare the results.

Protephile said:
You can't claim a mpg increase the way you did it--there are way too many variables on one tank of gas, not to mention, how do you know how many gallons of gas you actually used?

the

Exactly. This gives you an average. Also use the same gas for each fill up. Not like Chevron then circle K then 7-11 then shell. Same grade of fuel should be used too.

Protephile said:

the

I do understand the process, I have done this many many times before. My point was to show that even on just one tank of gas there was a positive increase in MPG, meaning this stuff DOES work. I know my car enough to know that I am getting more MPG than I did before. For the record I do use the same gas, Pioneer gas and even the same gas station, I drive the same route everyday, 75%hwy, 25%city, weather conditions have been relatively consistent.
I will keep doing this and keep records on the MPG then do a couple tanks w/o acetone to get some solid #'s for the sake of all the doubters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back