I have improved my mileage by adding ACETONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does work, I been using it for months now, I lost my big job so I need to save on gas.

Im a heavy footer on my P5, I usually get 200 to 240 per tank, now I usually get 280 to 300 with 3oz of Acetone in a full tank.

I guess Ill have to try babying the car and 4oz of acetone. I dont think you can pull 400miles on the tank, but close to 350.

You can really feel the difference on power, not on WOT but in partial throttle.

arcane73 said:
I never complained about the rising gas prices. Nor did i complain about the excessive engine changes that i made that required me to run 93 octane or better in the truck. :D It was all in fun.

I know, but lots of people with huge trucks and SUVs like to complain about gas costs. It doesn't make any sense, unless they really NEED the big vehicle. Most people don't. You often see women driving by themselves in their Suburbans, Tahoes, Expeditions, and Excursions. Why? Who knows. They pay the price for driving a mammoth when they visit the gas station though.

Mr Detailer said:
I know, but lots of people with huge trucks and SUVs like to complain about gas costs. It doesn't make any sense, unless they really NEED the big vehicle. Most people don't. You often see women driving by themselves in their Suburbans, Tahoes, Expeditions, and Excursions. Why? Who knows. They pay the price for driving a mammoth when they visit the gas station though.
I agree fully. And no harm, no foul. I bought the truck to fill the need for a weekend parts hauler, Sea-Doo puller, and Race Day Bike/Car hauler and quickly began to realize it was too timid for my tastes...much money and more Horsepower later...it was a bit more fun to drive.:D

igdrasil said:
It does work, I been using it for months now, I lost my big job so I need to save on gas.

Im a heavy footer on my P5, I usually get 200 to 240 per tank, now I usually get 280 to 300 with 3oz of Acetone in a full tank.

I guess Ill have to try babying the car and 4oz of acetone. I dont think you can pull 400miles on the tank, but close to 350.

You can really feel the difference on power, not on WOT but in partial throttle.

Mine's N/A & automatic & I have same foot action & I pull 350 now all the time even with ac on. 400 wouldn't be out of the question if driving "nice" without ac. Have gotten up to 380 a tank more than once without trying to be "nice" but again, I don't have a turbo to feed.

i12drivemyMP5 said:
I give up..............who? I didn't. Got mine @ home depot. Oh, wait, I forgot, urban legend thing. I put gas in acetone container & then add it in small amounts to the tank when filling up so I get more miles per tank.

You were implying that an additive like acetone would never be marketed because it would hurt the oil industry. They would sell less gas. My point is, if it's such a miracle additive, why doesn't someone bottle it, name it Ultra Turbonator Fuel Saver and sell it in Autozone? A fortune could be made if it really works, which, by the way, it doesn't.

I'm implying that no matter what the product or industry, it is counterproductive to sell product A to generate cash flow & also sell product B that will minimize sales of product A thereby shooting thyself in thy foot sir.

i12drivemyMP5 said:
I'm implying that no matter what the product or industry, it is counterproductive to sell product A to generate cash flow & also sell product B that will minimize sales of product A thereby shooting thyself in thy foot sir.

Not if you're the guy selling product A. Why would the guy selling product A give a rat's ass about the guy selling product B?

i12drivemyMP5 said:

The word also is key here..........

i12drivemyMP5 said:
scroll up to 216....

Oh, I finally get it. The word 'also'.

Are you saying that a company besides an oil company could not sell this stuff? Hell, I could go to a wholesaler and buy 55gal drums of acetone, bottle it myself and turn a profit if it really increased MPG's as has been reported in this thread.

I need to find something I read about Acetone as additive not being approved. Its something about oil companies denying to sell oil if acetone is used by gasoline companies.

Acetone works, I been using it for long and done some tests. Its just a vaporizer it atomizes fuel better when injected, thats it. Heres a hint of why this has not been added into gasoline yet.

Has Not Been Warmly Received

Questions asked of someone in the petroleum industry regarding ACETONE will often automatically trigger a string of negative reactions and perhaps false assertions. We may have heard them all. The mere mention of this additive represents such a threat to oil profits that you may get fabricated denials against the successful use of acetone in fuels.

The author has never found any valid reason for not using acetone in gasoline or diesel fuel. Plus it takes such a tiny amount to work. No wonder they fear this additive.

Political Action

You might Email this article to your government representative. After sufficient data has been collected, and that data supports the conclusions presented here, ACETONE should be ordered by Federal Law to be present in all fuels. While you're at it, request that vehicles be equipped with a MPG read-out to make it easier for consumers to know what is and is not working to improve their mileage.

Last edited:
igdrasil said:
I need to find something I read about Acetone as additive not being approved. Its something about oil companies denying to sell oil if acetone is used by gasoline companies.

Acetone works, I been using it for long and done some tests. Its just a vaporizer it atomizes fuel better when injected, thats it. Heres a hint of why this has not been added into gasoline yet.

Has Not Been Warmly Received

Questions asked of someone in the petroleum industry regarding ACETONE will often automatically trigger a string of negative reactions and perhaps false assertions. We may have heard them all. The mere mention of this additive represents such a threat to oil profits that you may get fabricated denials against the successful use of acetone in fuels.

The author has never found any valid reason for not using acetone in gasoline or diesel fuel. Plus it takes such a tiny amount to work. No wonder they fear this additive.

Political Action

You might Email this article to your government representative. After sufficient data has been collected, and that data supports the conclusions presented here, ACETONE should be ordered by Federal Law to be present in all fuels. While you're at it, request that vehicles be equipped with a MPG read-out to make it easier for consumers to know what is and is not working to improve their mileage.

Who is the author?

Jack Daniels said:
Oh, I finally get it. The word 'also'.

Are you saying that a company besides an oil company could not sell this stuff? Hell, I could go to a wholesaler and buy 55gal drums of acetone, bottle it myself and turn a profit if it really increased MPG's as has been reported in this thread.

No didn't say or imply that either. Will go along with oil company wouldn't for reasons explained in post #216. If you do start selling it & you sell it for less than 14.00 a gallon I might be interested, Lemme know.

i12drivemyMP5 said:
No didn't say or imply that either. Will go along with oil company wouldn't for reasons explained in post #216. If you do start selling it & you sell it for less than 14.00 a gallon I might be interested, Lemme know.

If I sell it, it will be in 2oz bottles and cost way more than $14/gallon. (evil)

Jack Daniels said:
If I sell it, it will be in 2oz bottles and cost way more than $14/gallon. (evil)

Sounds like the shipping & handling is going to be too expensive. I think I can probably scrape some up around here. We do have a chemical plant or 2 in the Houston area that produces it.

I dont know whats the problem with some people here. This s*** is been used since the 1900 if I remember correctly.

Same problem with water injection, some people as just plain stupid and think it will damage the engine, that this s*** doesnt work blah blah blah or make fun of it when its being used since world war II. Yes its a different thing, I used this example just to point out a problem.

igdrasil said:
I dont know whats the problem with some people here. This s*** is been used since the 1900 if I remember correctly.

Same problem with water injection, some people as just plain stupid and think it will damage the engine, that this s*** doesnt work blah blah blah or make fun of it when its being used since world war II. Yes its a different thing, I used this example just to point out a problem.

The problem is, acetone has been scientifically proven to do nothing to improve fuel economy and has the potential to harm fuel system components and painted surfaces. I think that people should know the caveats before trying something like this.

Tell you what. Everyone now knows my stance, I won't post anymore in this thread. :eek:

Last edited:
Good decision...

If you have second thought about posting again, do it with a link or something, doesnt matter is fake or not....with that "study".

Theres not been enoght research in either way...thats it.

And by the way, I have spilled acetone on the car paint a couple of times, nothing happened, it evaporated too quickly, but it does damage the paint inside the car.

Which components it damages? plastics? injectors? metal surfaces, by the way, I keep my acetone in a plastic container...been there for about 3 months and I keep a small amount in the car in another plastic container.

Jack Daniels said:
The problem is, acetone has been scientifically proven to do nothing to improve fuel economy and has the potential to harm fuel system components and painted surfaces. I think that people should know the caveats before trying something like this.

Tell you what. Everyone now knows my stance, I won't post anymore in this thread. :eek:

One last thing... All plastics are not created equal.
Oh, and..... http://www.fuelsaving.info/acetone.htm

Last post. I swear. ;)

igdrasil said:
Good decision...

If you have second thought about posting again, do it with a link or something, doesnt matter is fake or not....with that "study".

Theres not been enoght research in either way...thats it.

And by the way, I have spilled acetone on the car paint a couple of times, nothing happened, it evaporated too quickly, but it does damage the paint inside the car.

Which components it damages? plastics? injectors? metal surfaces, by the way, I keep my acetone in a plastic container...been there for about 3 months and I keep a small amount in the car in another plastic container.

I was hoping to see the results of a few people trying and posting results. but it has just become contest to see who can pee higher up the wall.

Unsubscribing

Okay, my results are in. On this tank, I added 3oz of acetone. I just filled my tank again and put in 13.220gal with 346mi on the odo. Even with more highway driving on this tank, I still got less fuel economy (~26mpg). I usually average 28mpg without the acetone. As much as I had hoped for this to work, I don't see myself testing this experiment any further. Good luck to anyone else who tries this and sees an increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back