I got a problem, is simple but....

Leop5

:
Protege 5
Ok so i got a 10 inch sub some amps ect.. All good...a 30min ride later...my fogs wont come on and the tailligths and the little yellow circle ligths either. ALL OFF! so did i blew a fusil? cables?....man I dont know what it is...Plz post if u know how to fix this tiny problem..

U know the ligth stick thingy on the left, well i turn once(nothing works) another twist ligths come up. only headligths nothing else....iam worried.

Runninglights fuse, it might be in the fusebox under your hood, but the real question is where's your amp power being taken off of, does your sub still work, and did you install yourself or have it professionally done?

Ok power is been taken from car battery, installed by a tech..some CarMusic store 10 mins from here. But they dont know either. They say Mazdas are very complicated.. Runningligths fuse...umm ok thanks

Leop5 said:
Ok power is been taken from car battery, installed by a tech..some CarMusic store 10 mins from here. But they dont know either. They say Mazdas are very complicated.. Runningligths fuse...umm ok thanks
Sounds very suspicious. I don't know why Mazdas are "complicated" when in fact something as simple as a car stereo installed should not cause any problems other than dimming lights when the bass hits, but certainly not blowing fuses left and right. I would almost bet money that they screwed something up. (rant)

/Grabs ak-47 and grenades...fkers hurt my baby. Ok its on. iam going first ligth tomorow there. Still no answer. Cant drive at night like that. ill get rear ended! bah

Did you notice if your lights worked when you picked up the car? Or was it jsut that after your initial drive they didn't? I would definately lean on them a bit. Mazda's ar enthing tricky, that does sound VERYMUCH like a cop-out excuse.

I really wouldn't be concerned with just the fuse as much as why it blew, though. If you can just replace it, and things work fine, they possibly just momentarily shorted something out while installing the amp. Sucky, but it happens, and that's why there's fuses ther ein the first place. However if, indeed everything was working when you picked up the car and there's something screwy somewhere that'll blow the fuse again (or worse cause damage to your car by either burning or overdrawing you relectrical system) I hate to make you paranoid, but if a simple fuse replacement doesn't fix it, I'd definately lean on them a bit and possibly try to take it to an electrical place, and bill the shop.

Last edited:
Well. i fixed it. 3 fuses burned up. Why i dont know. Sound system is in stand by for now. Iam adding more this weekend, plus i have to save up for new bumper and hood..last crash fuked them up. Well thx guys luv u

3 different fuses? where at? That's kinda strange. Can you play your stereo or will they blow if you do?

First fuse was the runningligths, second was the ligths on the dash behind the steering wheel. And the 3rd one....u got that one rigth the radio.

I made a ground and radio plays well. Normal.

I called a friend of mine that got a p5 for audio competitions, he is helping me out. SO thx guys and god bless.

Don't ever go back to that shop. There is nothing unique about Mazdas that make them difficult to install 12v equipment in. They have batteries, fuses, a chassis ground, and lots of wires like every other automobile on the road.

Back