I finally got my MP3

After a month of bank wackiness, I finally am driving my MP3. I got it for 16,000... 9000 miles... Little ding on the back bumper but it shouldnt cost too much to fix...

I am from the Philly subarbs so if you see a blue MP3 busting around, it could be me. :) Apparently, the owner before me put in an AEM cold air intake... I am just getting into performance stuff so i dont know a lot about it... My little brother (whos all into this s***) told me about it... :) Its a fun little car to drive... I just learned how to drive stick two nights ago and I am getting a lot better (but reverse is still a *****... Parallel parking is going to be interesting when it comes up)...

Rocky

welcome.

Which philly suburbs?
i'm in King of Prussia, so if you see another blue one in that area, its probably me.

I live in Drexel Hill, but i make my way up there everyonce in awhile fro obvious reasons (mall, movies, tower records). I'll be looking out for ya...

Rocky

WELCOME to our part of the internet. congrats on the purchase. and dont worry about shifting. I learned to drive stick on my MP3. but just to give a heads up checking the FAQs and searching before asking a question usually helps alot. 95% of the questions that could be asked, have been. Im not trying to be an ass, just giving for warning a few peolpe on here will just say search.

i am used to message board ettiquite but thanks for the heads up... :) what do you guys do about security (since the faceplate of the stereo in non removable...:mad: ... and its just a damned nice car asking to be stolen... ;) )?

Rocky

i thought the same thing. so, what I did, was went out and purchased me a excaliber atv-1000 alarm, with all the goodies,i.e. motion and shock detectors...and more.(classified)

Congrats and welcome to the family....

Please be aware that you must.. read again MUST... put 4 coats of wax on your car before you drive it out.... ;)

Just kidding... Just take care of her and keep on representing...

Jc

Pretty cool, I'm originally from Havertown, so I know your area.
Have fun with it, and try to paralel park as little as possible :)

I'm 15 minutes from Atlantic City, NJ...about an hour from you. We'll have to all have a meet soon.

BTW, yellow mp3 right here.

minarets77, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net. There is a BIG fridge in the corner with just about anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. :{D

make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!! :{D

congrats on the purchase.

... what do you guys do about security (since the faceplate of the stereo in non removable... ... and its just a damned nice car asking to be stolen... )?

Was wondering if you still had the stock headunit? If so the faceplate is removable. Just open as you would to get a disc in and when its all the way down grab about an inch from the right and pull straight out with it and presto. to put it back just fold the flap up and put the left side in and then the right.

it sounds like Rocky has a z919 instead of what you probably have, an z828...
z919 not removeable, z828 is.

nope, I actually test drove one with a 919 and ended up buying one with an 828, I got lucky I guess...thus they aren't only in canada. :D

Hey all,

1. Yeah, I have the Z919... WHo makes a 700 dollar stereo with no security?!? :mad:

2. I am down for a meet anywhere in the tri-state area.

3. I am 24 so I can drink whatever's in that fridge of yours... :)

4. I was wondering at around which RPM you found it best to shift for each gear? I try to shift out of first at around 3000, second at 2500, and there on up, I never have any real problems with jerking or slowing down after the shift... I would jerk a bit going from 1st to 2nd the first couple days i drove it but I have that under control now...

5. How would one tell if they have a "bad tranny"? Any real telltale signs?

Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

I personally like to shift a little higher, like 3500 out of first and 3000-3100 for the others.
I've been wondering how to tell about the transmission as well, anyone with any insight or telltale signs?

Awesome, we'll have to plan a meet soon. I might organize one in the next month or two. Look for my posts...

Back