2017~2024 I dropped a small plastic item in CX-5 air vent

Help!!!
My situation is that my nephew put a lego piece in my car’s AC vent, and it’s about 1cm wide and long, I tried to get it out but It dropped back in during the process and now It’s gone… would It have any critical or prolonged effect to my car?

1689844513448.png

Was it one of these?

6x1thin.jpg

I would guess that you might hear it rattling around in there when you drive over small bumps. I'm not sure if it's big enough to create a blockage that you could notice, but if it does, here is a thread referencing dashboard and vent removal. There is a video at the end of this thread that may also prove useful.

Upvote 0
It's not too difficult to remove the vent trim to see if you can reach in to get it. That whole piece (center vents to far right vent) is just held on with clips & you can pull/pry the whole piece off.

Instructions attached

Attachments

• DECORATION PANEL REMOVAL INSTALLATION.pdf
    853.2 KB · Views: 188
Upvote 0
It's not too difficult to remove the vent trim to see if you can reach in to get it. That whole piece (center vents to far right vent) is just held on with clips & you can pull/pry the whole piece off.

Instructions attached
Was it one of these?

6x1thin.jpg

I would guess that you might hear it rattling around in there when you drive over small bumps. I'm not sure if it's big enough to create a blockage that you could notice, but if it does, here is a thread referencing dashboard and vent removal. There is a video at the end of this thread that may also prove useful.

I have tried removing the panel to look for the lego piece, but I couldnt find it (nor it’s too small to see?), my guess is It’s on the cooling system because of its noise while moving, and the noise is quite close to the AC vent, but the vent is too small to put sth in and take out the lego piece. I am worrying it might fall deeper inside and damage the AC system, or It might just jump around on the cooling system?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
it really can't fall anywhere that can really hurt anything, so other than a possible rattle not worth worrying too much about.

Upvote 0
Just spitballing.. if you have removed the trim pieces, try to seal off the side vents and one of the middle vents, then turn fan on to top speed and maybe even add a shop vac for maximum extraction power. Hopefully such tiny piece of Lego will comply with such efforts.

Upvote 0

Latest posts

Back