I am now spinning the wheels in 1st at 5000

NC_MP3

I was doing some painting and work on my car today and noticed some of my clamps for my piping were loose. I tightened them really tight and man is it pulling hard.

I must have been leaking boost. It is boosting 10 psi now, which I need to quit getting on it until I get a boost controller, but it is very strong.

In 1st geat at about 5K it will light up the front tires. Powershifting to 2nd results in alot of clutch slippage but still alot of wheelspin.

Man, I was kicking the s*** outa Mustang GT's before, but now it is even faster.

On that note though I will not be driving it hard until I pick up a manual boost controller and turn it down a tad. Don't trust the rods.

Damn..With My 50 Shot of Nitrous and Spin the s*** of my tires in 1st and second..actually i got some videos of when i was racing..it looks sweet as hell..I can't wait to fix my home computer..so i can upload a few!!

Chas

Man I got some great pics of your car. So many good ones in fact people are going to think I was playing favorites. Seriously I have like 30 pics from this weekend. Would have liked to have gotten a ride in it. Oh and get on Jamie about that Hood cause after seeing it I want it now. Send me your email and I can send you all of the pics.

NC_MP3 said:

On that note though I will not be driving it hard until I pick up a manual boost controller and turn it down a tad. Don't trust the rods.

AFAIK, a MBC will not let you turn boost DOWN below what the wastegate spring is set to. Don't forget, what an MBC does is purge off air pressure so that the wastegate DOES NOT SEE that extra pressure, causing a delay in it opening. So if you want to turn the boost down, you're gonna have to replace the spring in the wastegate with a weaker one, and then INCREASE boost via the MBC by leaking off some pressure so that the wastegate never sees it.

Yeah I know this Kool. Like I said there is a 4lb spring in it but that wasn't cutting it for me so I hooked it up backwards so it would boost more.

I will be hooking it up right with the MBC and setting it at 6.

Funwagon:

If you wanted a ride man shoulda said something. I woulda been more than happy to. I will send ya a PM with the email link.

Thanks man.

Acid, I am not talkin about spinning through 1st. I am talking about a rolling start, then nailing it. It will hold traction until the full boost then break the tires loose.

Saweet NC:D
Yeah you are running faster then most of the spool kits because of your upgraded turbo......Just turn down the boost:)

Which turbo are did you upgrade to. The same thing happens to me. when i get to 2nd i really have to hold the wheel cuz that thing pulls like a crazy horse:D. I'm using the mitsu 16g with spools full tubular mani @ 8lbs. I will post some updated pics soon

Interesting, me with 6psi I have wheelspin in 1st always if im WOT

and when I was overboosting 10psi, had wheelspin in 2nd too.

Nitto Tires in front with low psi.

but...thats with stock 16inch wheels.
Im going to try with my MP3 rims.

spoolinmp3 said:
Saweet NC:D
Yeah you are running faster then most of the spool kits because of your upgraded turbo......Just turn down the boost:)

what upgrade did you do.

Back