HyperTech Tune Users: Please Check In!

I reflashed multiple times with diff. intakes and they only messed up my fuel trims. I also changed my rpms each time i did it to see a difference in idle.

You dont notice a difference in the power in the power band, as in it doesnt feel more constant all the way through?

I feel it exactly the seams as stock, but maybe its just me, im gona give my friend a ride a little later to see if he feels the difference

My friend noticed the difference when he rode right away so maybe it is something with us where we get used to the power of the car.

Get a stopwatch. Feel is meaningless. Smother power delivery, even with a substantial bump up in power, can "feel" slower.

Get a stopwatch. Feel is meaningless. Smother power delivery, even with a substantial bump up in power, can "feel" slower.

as soon as i get new tires and new ssp with brushings im going to the track to see the difference from before

as soon as i get new tires and new ssp with brushings im going to the track to see the difference from before

Might not be able to tell that way either, with respect. Traction issues in first and second gear, sometimes in third, can make it very difficult to get reliable, repeatable measure of change in engine power mods. Try WOT pulls in fourth gear from about 55 mph up to 100 mph. Start a stopwatch as the speedo needle hits 60 and stop it when it hits 100. This is very repeatable, very reliable and eliminates all the variables that get introduced when trying to launch a FWD car with little to no traction in the lower two gears. Make several pulls on the stock tune and several with the HT on the same day under the same conditions, being careful to avoid any heat soak issues. This will tell you whether any mod, including HT tune is improving engine performance.

Might not be able to tell that way either, with respect. Traction issues in first and second gear, sometimes in third, can make it very difficult to get reliable, repeatable measure of change in engine power mods. Try WOT pulls in fourth gear from about 55 mph up to 100 mph. Start a stopwatch as the speedo needle hits 60 and stop it when it hits 100. This is very repeatable, very reliable and eliminates all the variables that get introduced when trying to launch a FWD car with little to no traction in the lower two gears. Make several pulls on the stock tune and several with the HT on the same day under the same conditions, being careful to avoid any heat soak issues. This will tell you whether any mod, including HT tune is improving engine performance.

thanks for the tips, much appreciated
from your signature i notice we pretty much have the same mods, do you recommend the step colder plugs?

^ Big difference is he has a downpipe there but no you dont need them. I think msms3 has said before he didnt really need step colder plugs himself but he went ahead and got them.

^ Big difference is he has a downpipe there but no you dont need them. I think msms3 has said before he didnt really need step colder plugs himself but he went ahead and got them.

i went over it quick and didnt notice the dp, thats my bad

thanks for the tips, much appreciated
from your signature i notice we pretty much have the same mods, do you recommend the step colder plugs?

Short answer. At your mod level stock heat range should work fine. Might want to gap them down to .028 though. A little protection against possible boost interference with spark. I don't think I need the colder plugs and may be giving up a horsepower or two to get a little more protection against possible knock.

Bah! They need to hurry and release a map for the 2012s. My HT is just sitting on the floor and my car goes untuned. (boom06)

thought i had already checked in for having a HT but i guess not. so ive got one had it for over 6 months and loving it!!

Back