Huge Discount For 2017 Mazda 6

I got 6 and I never engage it during the 10 miles conmute. Just in the hwy. More than that I may trade my car for a Peterbuilt or a Mack!![emoji23][emoji23]

Yea I don’t get why we need 4 overdrive gears. Outside of trucks I think it’s just a marketing arms race honestly.

but mazdas next 6 will be RWD

Bro they're stuggling to get a simple diesel engine to the market and you're already speculating on the next 6 being RWD?

Even if they do make a successor to the 6, I HIGHLY doubt they will throw lots of resources at it considering the existing one isn't selling despite big discounts, and it being in a declining segment. It will most likely get a SkyActix-X engine, FWD, new exterior/interior design and whatever transmission Mazda has out at that time.

I agree. CVTs are great for mopeds though. (alright) lol

Also, 10 speed transmission? Did I read that right? We're at 10 now? How bad do we need that extra .5mpg? Badly enough to double the complexity and amount of moving parts in the least reliable part of the entire automobile? 10 is too much for a number of reasons. What are we driving, Peterbuilts?

Looks lovingly at his Mazdaspeed Protege which pulls a g around the curves, has three pedals, 5 speeds, is disconnected completely from all satellites and has no radar or cameras on it anywhere.

Do you have a build thread for your P5?

I think there's an old one somewhere. It was around 2004 when I was modding it. The MSP was originally my wife's car, hence it never being messed with.

There really wasn't much to talk about. I just bolted some stuff on. lol.
Wagner shorty header, JIC coilovers/exhaust, AWR swaybar, autoexe lip, some Volk wheels, and a few other little things like JDM tails, CAD headlights, kartboy shifter and the CP racing STB. Oh yeah, it had some Wet Okole seat covers too (which were probably the best mod I did to the thing). 15 years later of dogs surfing and mountain bikes, the seats still looked brand new.
Remember the DaveB antenna and gauge rings? Check! (smoke)

Here's a pic or two. I'll just link em so I don't clog this thread up any worse than I already have
https://www.mazdas247.com/members/Natey/P5/pidgeon point1.JPG
https://www.mazdas247.com/members/Natey/install-8.jpg

Last edited:
Back