How to: stealth mount an ultragauge

molex7

:
2012 mazda2 sport
Have an ultragauge, but hate seeing wires running to anything in your car? this is the quick and easy guide for you.

Tools needed:
1x ultragauge
1x Trim tool or other non plastic breaking device. (I'm honestly not sure where to get one of these but i work in vehicle production so i always have one with me)
2x small zip ties
15 minutes of time

Step 1: Mount your ultragauge to the windshield wherever you desire, i mount mine somewhat high to not make the a-pillar blind spot that we already have, not worse.
NXVJ0fY.jpg

Step 2: Once you know your mounting location, zip tie the cable to the flex arm of the windshield mount to make sure they are secured out of sight.
oxAZOZv.jpg

Step 3: Using your handy trim tool(or applicable non plastic marking device), pull back the rubber door seal slightly to allow you to insert the wire from the ultragauge into the gap.
2V5IyU9.jpg

Step 4: continue down to into the seal past the dash trim.
SdTvgzV.jpg

Step 5: Once you get to the door kickpanel gap, use your trim tool to push the wire into the gap and out of sight.
YjFaqKY.jpg

Step 6: After you have finished, use your trim tool to fix the door seal that you upset during the wire hiding.
2KMzIWB.jpg

Step 7: Plug your ultragauge into the OBD-2 port, located inside the wallet cubby near your drivers left knee.
98MYo9p.jpg

Step 8: Tuck the wire coming out of the OBD-2 connecter behind the hood latch, hood latch function remains unchanged.
lbfOdZN.jpg

Step 9: Tuck all remaining wire behind the kick panel.
kiScl5m.jpg

Step 10: Turn the car on and make sure it works.
HXZ21Kn.jpg

Step 11: Admire your work.
7VU8Uwe.jpg

My ultragauge currently sits like this, to ensure i can easily see it while driving, and that it doesn't make the a-pillar blind spot worse.
1K9NgsR.jpg

Deng, I need a nifty trim tool. I have my UG sitting almost like yours just alot lower, almost dash level. How do you have your rallywink mounted?

Back