How to remove fuse for antilock brakes

listen, i used to drive like a dumb s***, i agree with that, but my antilocks shitted out twice when i tried stopping, at normal, street legal speeds, when it was wet out. My mother's truck had the same problem, if you stepped on the brakes when it was wet out, just a little tap, and it would not give the brakes any pressure, just make the humming noise antilock brakes make. My mother had the same problem, and she has been driving responsibly since the age of 6(farm kid). The truck did that since before i ever touched it. any more questions, oaklandopen?

my vote is that your tires are not up to spec man the abs is doing its job but you dont have the traction to support the braking you wish to do. If you pull the fuse on the car you will have alot more problems with air in the system etc than you would with an old chevy truck. While i agree abs is not the best if you actualy know how to drive take my 300 whp miata for example no abs but plenty of rubber and feel makes it stop just fine, that still doesnt mean it would be doable to remove the system from most modern cars.

Are you saying I may have just killed a fish? (alright)

But seriously, a quick glance at the schematic, and he was bound to figure it out.

These cars can be purchased without ABS, so it's not like he's any worse off than a non ABS equipped vehicle. (drinks)

i dunno he still has the abs pump and all the valves sitting there dead thats not as nice and workable as the proportioning system non abs cars come with.

I see this ending very badly... Brakes are one of the few things that HAVE to be done right. it not only yourself, but everybody else on the road. Bad weather causes much more problems than bad drivers...

do we really need all the lug nuts? im looking to save some weight, and i think by only using 3 on each corner i can save like 10 lbs of rolling mass!!!
F1 cars only use 1 nut to keep those wheels on, and they go like 200mph. if i have 3 i bet i can hit like 600!!!!

do we really need all the lug nuts? im looking to save some weight, and i think by only using 3 on each corner i can save like 10 lbs of rolling mass!!!
F1 cars only use 1 nut to keep those wheels on, and they go like 200mph. if i have 3 i bet i can hit like 600!!!!

dude, screw that, you can drop down to 2 easy... they just hold the wheel on anyway... no big deal!

dude, screw that, you can drop down to 2 easy... they just hold the wheel on anyway... no big deal!

but with all my vinyl stickers and fake purge kit i really think that i can get going fast enough to warrant having 3... im not an idiot, i just wanna save weight
(ricer)(ricer)(ricer)(ricer)(ricer)(ricer)(ricer)

A. got new tires
B. new brake pads (they were at 15%)
C. have not had problems with brakes lately
D. I DID NOT REMOVE THE FUSE

another friend who is in college for this type of thing explained how the wiring on the older trucks and the newer, foreign model cars is different...removing the fuse would really screw me over. and by the way, all your childish petty sarcastic remarks on safety are not needed. your ignorance reflects on your intelligence.

"it is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." --Mark Twain

hey...he threw a mark twain quote in there...

“Not only does God play dice, but... he sometimes throws them where they cannot be seen.” _stephen hawkings.

(i.e. this guys life and braking system. lol.)

and by the way, all your childish petty sarcastic remarks on safety are not needed. your ignorance reflects on your intelligence.

"it is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." --Mark Twain

nice quote....i guess someone ELSE always says it best

personally, i felt the sarcastic remarks were needed because of the nature of the question. which was: you wanted to disable an integral part of the vehicle used for safety.

i realize that the USA is the mother of all countries when it comes to safety, which puts a huuuuuge speedbump in the "car enthusiast" wanting to make their car do what they want and not what some computer tells it to do. but seriously, removing the anti-lock brakes because you say they don't work? im honestly asking you now if you are for real. are you?

you are meaning to tell me that your "brainstorm" of disabling the anti-lock brakes will solve your problems and that the engineers that spend thousands of man-hours perfecting a car apparently didn't get it right? equal to WRONG

as for the bash on my intelligence...bash away. this is a public forum that really kinda thrives on ppl making fun of each other. that keeps things exciting

but...i have graduated from UTI with a 4.0 grade point average (which i am more than happy to prove if you want)...not to toot my own horn but when i think that disabling your ABS is stupid i think that you should listen and not do it.

ps...been drinking heavily and not proofreading so sorry if some of this is incoherent or gramatically effed up.

pps...i would LOOOOOVE to meet some of these brilliant ppl in person

Oakland Open: the wheel sensor on the 1500 was jacked so badly from the snow and slush and dirt and mud that the ABS malfunctioned and caused us to go straight through intersections, and both my parents know how to drive, been on the road for years, no accidents. I was able to solve the problem by simply pulling the fuse, as i mentioned. Due to the different wiring system on the older american pickup and the Mazda, i realize now i would have jacked the Mazda if i had pulled the fuse. But please cut me some slack: i grew up around Ford, Chevy, and Dodge pickup trucks, often older models where you could fix them by doing something simple like that. I got this Mazda before I came to college and it was totally different than any other car i have come into contact with. I can do basic maintenance, etc., but I would like to learn more, in particular and especially about my car, which is now in nearly showroom condition once again. Yes, the problems i had last year were caused by bald tires, I have had no problems with my brakes since i got my car back, but you can see why naturally i assumed it failed like the pickup did. I do not doubt your degree, sir, and I honestly appreciate your warning me. I made the post believing that it was my ABS sensor. If there are any simple tips you can tell me that I should know, feel free to send me a mesg.

PS. I am not against good-natured ribbing under most circumstances, my friends and I do it all the time (like I said, i am a sophomore in college) my apologies for blowing up as I did.

just take everything on these forums with a grain of salt. there's alot to be learned from this group of people.

that i can do, and while we are on the subject, where are the plugs located? its not long until my next oil change, and I will be wanting to change the plugs when I do it, I dont think the shop changed my plugs when i had the engine work done. Plz tell me its not one of those cases where u have to take the engine half apart to get to them?

plugs are right on top. you'll have 2 coil packs and 2 wires. the plugs are under each coil pack and at the end of each wire. simple project. 10 minutes tops.

that i can do, and while we are on the subject, where are the plugs located? its not long until my next oil change, and I will be wanting to change the plugs when I do it, I dont think the shop changed my plugs when i had the engine work done. Plz tell me its not one of those cases where u have to take the engine half apart to get to them?

Back