How to remove fuse for antilock brakes

Okay, I dislike my antilock brakes and want the brakes on my car to be standard. My mother's truck had the same brake issue, it is a chevy 1500. All I did was remove the fuse for the brakes, and I got standard, or non-antilock, brakes. The only catch is that the cruise control did not work when that fuse was out. I tried removing the fuse in my Mazda3s touring 4-door, but I cannot get that fuse out.does anyone know how to do it, and will it affect anything else?

If the car is street driven: Have fun if you get in a wreck and hurt somebody, then insurance companies find out you tampered with factory safety equipment.

If your brakes are malfunctioning, take the car to a repair facility and get them fixed. If not, and the ABS is still activating during normal driving, you probably need to slow down.

Thanks for the tip, need a better reason not to do it.

because if you are anything like your other posts have made you out to be than you probably shouldn't even be driving at all. and if you are, tell me exactly what you drive, what color, and what your license plate says so i can stay the hell away from you

seriously....posts about removing the governor, disabling ABS, one post about how you've been driving too fast? are you like 16 1/2 years old?

listen, i used to drive like a dumb s***, i agree with that, but my antilocks shitted out twice when i tried stopping, at normal, street legal speeds, when it was wet out. My mother's truck had the same problem, if you stepped on the brakes when it was wet out, just a little tap, and it would not give the brakes any pressure, just make the humming noise antilock brakes make. My mother had the same problem, and she has been driving responsibly since the age of 6(farm kid). The truck did that since before i ever touched it. any more questions, oaklandopen?

Instead of acting like an ignorant ass, u should have read one of my last posts on the other thread. i messed up my car last year from driving like an idiot, both things could easily have been prevented. I just, by the grace of God, got the 9,000 dollars it took to fix it and got it back on the road. because of getting a few speeding tickets, i got my license suspended for two months and restricted for half a year, administered consecutively. I am just now getting my license back one week from today. I posted this out of a simple distaste for ABS and the knowledge, from driving cars with and without ABS, that I like standard brakes better and I can do a better job of pumping brakes and coming to a safe stop than a computer. And in reference to your question, I am 20, and i will be 21 in a sort three months. I messed up my first year in college, grades, car(obviously), relationship, everything. I have turned over a new leaf. I gave up on even wanting to make my car go faster than it is supposed to, or even much over he speed limit, but on the truck removing the fuse on the ABS(the sensor kept messing up, we had a nearby shop clean it out several times but it just kept getting dirty from our back roads) actually allowed us to stop and gave brake pressure. Wouldnt even have thought about it except for a mechanically inclined friend who had the same problem.

This just sounds like a bad idea. Why don't you just remove the airbags while you're at it?

That loss of pressure as you describe is known as power assisted braking. It is supposed to feel easier when you slam on the brakes.

I can just about assure that nobody on these forums will tell you how to disable the ABS. Perhaps you may want to talk to your "mechanically inclined" friend and have him pull the one link between your ingorance and your/public safety out for you.

Normally I am known as a mod who like to close threads but I am going to leave this one open to see if some other people want to try talking some sense in to you.

Good luck and welcome to the forums.

Last edited:
If you are having trouble with the ABS, check your pads! There was a guy on here who wrecked his speed on the track because of zero inside pads..

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123684925&highlight=brake+failure

can be few things but also it can be your strut(s) - if it does not hold it will force abs to consider this as lost of traction.
can be tires - bad tires would start sliding under low braking pressure etc.

start with simple things to check. try braking on dry/clean/leveled surface and see when abs kicks in

if your abs is kicking in on wet roads... something is wrong. either your tires are bald, you're braking too hard, or you have a more serious problem.

ABS only kicks on when it senses a difference in wheels speeds, so you have to be locking a wheel before it will kick on. This being the case, if it didn't.. you would just continue to skid until you were able to pump the brake... given the fact that ABS pumps it thousands of times faster than you can... I kinda doubt you're "better". Find a high speed camera of a wheel with ABS going on youtube or something... I'm not a big fan of ABS, but would only consider disabling it for an autoX day.

Some people need to learn by experience...There is a time and a place for everything.

and with that

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• abs1.jpg
    abs1.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 3,711
  • abs2.jpg
    abs2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 6,972
  • abs3.jpg
    abs3.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 5,910
give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day.... teach a man to fish... and he'll hook himself in the back of the neck, tip over his boat, and drown to death.

give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day.... teach a man to fish... and he'll hook himself in the back of the neck, tip over his boat, and drown to death.

Are you saying I may have just killed a fish? (alright)

But seriously, a quick glance at the schematic, and he was bound to figure it out.

These cars can be purchased without ABS, so it's not like he's any worse off than a non ABS equipped vehicle. (drinks)

safety systems like that are designed for a certian kind of person..... I'll leave the remainder of that comment implied.

If his ABS is not functioning properly, it could be a faulty wheel sensor.

That is why the Chevy 1500 truck had problems (referring to a post in this thread). Contaminates got in to the sealed bearing assembly and threw off the ABS wheel sensor on those trucks.

Latest posts

Back