How to remove 2007 cx-9 rear ac climate control?

Vind

:
2007 mazda cx-9
Hi, can somone provide me few pictures on how to remove the rear ac to troubleshoot? Rear ac not turning on at all when i press the rear ac from front console, i do see the light on the rear. Worked once at dealer when test drive, they gave me a discount due to this and im hoping i could remove it and fix it myself.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vin

Hi, can somone provide me few pictures on how to remove the rear ac to troubleshoot? Rear ac not turning on at all when i press the rear ac from front console, i do see the light on the rear. Worked once at dealer when test drive, they gave me a discount due to this and im hoping i could remove it and fix it myself.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vin

Vin,

before you take apart the console, did you make sure it's not a faulty rear relay ??

it's a very easy fix http://blog.yagelski.com/2011/10/mazda-cx-9-blower-motor-stays-on-after.html

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123846049-A-c-turns-on-bby-itself&highlight=relay

In my 2013, even if my front "REAR AC" is on and lit,
the back passengers may still need to turn ON the the rear AC depending on the last setting, check that also.

Anyway, if it's not a relay issue, here you go :

see page 24 of attached, that's the master assembly diagram,

you'll have to look thru the interior trim service manual for each of the sub-assemblies

download here : View attachment INTERIOR TRIM.pdf

also, for future reference, here is the full service manual to download:

Thanks to "MONTY2003" : he zipped and uploaded the full

CX-9 Service Repair Manual

see his post #9 in link below:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123794870-Anyone-have-a-PDF-version-of-the-CX-9-Factory-Repair-Service-Manual

Last edited:
Thank you Avidien, I'll test that relay to see if it powers on the fan after I shut off my car before taking the rear apart.

Thank you Avidien, I'll test that relay to see if it powers on the fan after I shut off my car before taking the rear apart.

You're welcome Vin, just hate to see you take apart the whole rear console for nothing.

Also as a test, swap the known good front relay to the rear relay position and see if that will power up the rear A/C with the car running. If it works, just need to get a new replacement relay.

I'm almost positive it's a faulty rear relay issue, no need to take apart the console.
Hopefully, that's the problem, a new relay only costs around $7 on eBay

If it's not a faulty relay, then most likely culprit is a failed rear blower fan motor,

in which case unfortunately you'll have to take apart the rear console to get to it.

Last edited:
After swapping the relay, the rear motor works right away, i did take apart the rear climate control and solder the piece that suppose to change from cold to hot temperatures prior to checking the relay. I'll be ordering 2 relays amd have old one as a spare ;), thank you for your help. Couldn't do this without you.

After swapping the relay, the rear motor works right away, i did take apart the rear climate control and solder the piece that suppose to change from cold to hot temperatures prior to checking the relay. I'll be ordering 2 relays amd have old one as a spare ;), thank you for your help. Couldn't do this without you.

EXCELLENT !! glad it worked out for you and you didn't have to spend a lot of bucks to fix it,

9/10 times it usually the relay that goes bad.

Back