HOW-TO: Rear Motor Mount InstallIn 2 hrs

Alejo_NIN

:
RadonElement.Com
Yes, you read it right...2 HRS

minimum experience requiered...

no more putting away that project because of difficulty!!!
it can be done in 2 hrs top unless you are a ******* retard..

Here's how it is done...

Remove intercooler to throttlebody pipe (either plastic or hard pipe)
remove throttlebody cable
remove plugs from TPS and IAC
remove two nuts from throttle body
remove two screws from throttle body

now, you can see rear motor mount....

next

use 17 MM wrenche on the passenger side of the bold that goes thru the motor mount
use 17mm with breaker bar
remove the big bolt...
now, remove wiring harness by removing nut with 10MM on top and 10MM on bottom....bottom one can be acomplished by using a small ratchet and just giving it two or three turns, after that it become finger tight...
bend bottom screw with something towards the passenger side..you can always bend it back...

use same 17 ratchet prefferebly 1/2" insted of 3/4" drive
use one of those little things that allowes you to use the ratchet at an angle
then use various extensions so that it becomes long enough that goes over the top of the engine.
then with proper tools, use a breaker bar...these nuts are very tight!! use air tools if so nesesary or available..
Remove old motor mount (just jiggle it until yu find a way for it to come out..believe me...it does come out thru the top...)
insert new motor mount same way old one was removed..
insert the 3 nuts, tight in same way as removed...
insert big bolt thru the motor mount, if it doesn't go thru, have a jack under the car and lift from the back of the transmission, have someone do the lifting until the bolt goes thru..

install nut on the other side same way as you did unbolting it
reinstall harness protector and use the top nut only, unless you can also use the bottom one.
reinstall throttle body....if gasket wasn't damaged in the process, use some RVT sealant just to make shure of no leaks...otherwise, get a replacement gasket, you can also use only RVT sealant gasket maker
reinstall throttle body
reinstall throttle body cable
reinstall throttle body nuts and bolts
reconnect TPS and IAC and any other plug you unplugged
reinstall hard pipe or stock plastic pipe
reinstall everyhting else you may have removed

Total Time: 2HRS
Outcome? PRICELESS
no more wheel hop...use in conjuction with front motor mount.

Here are some pics...
100_5057.JPG

100_5058.JPG

100_5060.JPG

100_5061.JPG

you can thank me later...
enjoy

someone move this please

Good write up..

Miami eh??? I bet you don't get much salt on the bolts...

Mine was easy but I know that some others here in Canada and North US have a b**** of a time with it.

Sweet! Good job mang! I did it without removing the throttle body...wish I'd thought of that, and it would have made the EGR removal a snap too.

Also, be forewarned that the motor mount through-bolt can be extremely difficult to break loose if it has galvanized itself together. I had to cut mine after it shattered several of my better sockets.

ok u just inspired me im gonna tackle this tomorrow morning..the other thread the guy was talking like 4-6hrs..ive had the motor mount sitting around for months....

good stuff but I just paid my friend $50 to put my stock one back on my car..best unmod evarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

otmsp said:
good stuff but I just paid my friend $50 to put my stock one back on my car..best unmod evarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
YOU ARE A WIMP
couldn't handle the fury of the MSP vribration??

lol

ever since i installed the motor mount, my back doesn't hurt as much...i get a free massage everytime i drive

vibration is an understatement....I love my stock rear mount, the front does just fine.

Hey Alejo, you bought my mounts? Damn i cant even remember who i sold em to. I wish i woulda thought of removing the TB.

I have desperatley been needing to replacemy front and rear mounts for the past 2-3 weeks. Hopefully my SU mounts will show up here soon.I plan on doing this here in the next 2-3 days. Thank god you made this post. The old write-up seemed like this install was gonna take forever. But if you could post a list of anything that I should have as far as tools or anything else to make it easier that would be awesome. Gonna try and have everything ready. Just thought it would be best to be prepared.

hey all, FYI thats my car in the pics....I saw Alejo do this install from start to finish...and he probly could of finished even sooner but we also cleaned my egr valve, and took a break to eat......vibration is there but its not that big a deal..best part is the car is pulling nice, response is better, and no more wheel hop... :)

front one goes in next week..and maybe ill do the side inserts in the future...

SergMSP said:
front one goes in next week..and maybe ill do the side inserts in the future...

Do it! Those ones are easy too. You can do all three of the other mounts in less time than the rear mount.

khaosman said:
Do it! Those ones are easy too. You can do all three of the other mounts in less time than the rear mount.
thas for sure...i guess ill buy em after front and rear are broken in...no rush on those..

Attempted my motor mount install last night doing it this way. This seemed to be a better way. Zipped through very quickly. Looked like I was gonna be done very quickly until I went to get the bottom bolt off on the wire harness. Anybody have any suggestions on how to get it off. Any tricks or anything. I am gonna continue tomorrow. Getting to the point were I (kinda) want to just cut the bottom blot off. Very frustrated. Any kind of help would be awesome.

Nice write up. I ended up snapping a 3/8" drive extension trying to break the bolts loose on the mount itself, they were onthere tight!! At that time, the car had seen 80000km, been through a few winters on the road, and a few trips to the mountains for some boarding, so it had seen some salt. I also found that a swivel wasn't working well because it was just taking in all that torque and wasn't giving the bolt enough muscle. I was able to get a bunch of straight extensions to work, but again, for anyone that lives in places with mild winters and with not as much mileage is me, it should be easier to break them loose.

FYI, front mount is cake, takes 10 minutes tops, no need to support the engine either, 3 bolts and you are done. Might be a good idea to keep a jack under the car for the front one, just to wiggle the bolt through the mount a bit.

Hmm. Trying to remember what I used. IIRC I got mine off with a 1/4" drive ratchet & 10mm socket. I think I had to use a pretty short extension and maybe a swivel as well. I couldn't get a bigger wrench in there. I believe the bottom bolt is in the way of the MM bolts anyway and has to be cut off. I used my Dremel to get rid of it cleanly.

Back