how to make 150whp n/a

dmjddm9999

:
2001 mazda protege mp3
hey wuts up guys. I have a mp3 with obx headers, protege garage midpipe, magnaflow catback exhaust, mhp cai, perrin fuel rail, sr motorsports cam gears, sr motorsports exhaust and intake camshafts, and magnecor spark plug wires. I also plan on having the car professionaly tuned by using the greddy e-management chip. I was just wondering if this would be enough to push out 150whp.

No.

It'll take more than that unfortunatly.

Raise your rev limiter to 7000, that'll help.

I'm no expert but I guess around 120-130whp.
do you have adjustable cam gears? If your getting it tuned professionally, that would help a lot.

For the most gain get a ported head like this one:
http://www.speedcircuit.net/product...d=196&osCsid=ee30f6b77e0d81a00584a5ab6ffe3e9d
staged 2 and custom cams.

Right now you can remove your VTCS and port match that for some gains.

Last edited:
yeh i have sr motorsports adjustable cam gears
i was also thinking about maybe ur underdrive pulley

Some type of EMS will give you the most gains. Also a good flowing head and some better cams will help too.

^^^ he mentioned that in another thread as well as stating he had 440cc injectors. I'm curious as well...

thought that i might be able to run more fuel by having a perrin fuel rail and larger injectors, when i get it tuned

Most people want to run LESS fuel. I know mine went pretty rich when I had it dynoed.

I would think you would have to really open up the motor so it could breath deep before it would need more fuel.

they run very rich after 4500 rpm... lean before and then the A/F just plummits. I think some people are reporting like 10:1 or 11:1. For NA you want to be 13.2 range I believe

Matt

150whp... depends on which dyno you want to do that on. :lol:

I estimate I'm at about 128-135 whp (dynojet, confirming this week), intake, exhaust and chip only... using 13 - 13.5 AFRs. But I've got an OBDI car with the stock Japanese cams.

You'll need high compression to hit 150 whp on the jet'.

Watch out for the e-manage... quite a few guys with direct ignition engines are getting fried wires with the blue... one tuner I talked to suggests that it's to do with the "dwell time" and the lack of control for this... or something like that.

yea e-manage is a piece of s***. and yea our cars do run lean. my car at closed loop it goes to 10.0:1

lol i know that. i was typing fast. my bad. yea my car runs rich as s***. i want to lean it out sooooo bad.

Your right!

I watched my friends MSP with a decent about of work done to it on the dyno.

The more boost he ran the richer the dam thing got.

It acutally went to the very bottom of the chart! the injectors went 100% duty cycle!!!

Did mazda do this for a reason?

thats what happend to me lol, the more upgrades i put on the car, the more fuel the car dumps back in the engine to compensate. i was hoping maybe ONE day the injectors will get maxed out and it cant dump in any more fuel. lol, that will never happen.

thats what happend to me lol, the more upgrades i put on the car, the more fuel the car dumps back in the engine to compensate. i was hoping maybe ONE day the injectors will get maxed out and it cant dump in any more fuel. lol, that will never happen.

LOL it does happen! but then it gets worse casue there 100% open 100% of the time and the car makes less power and runs like s***.

LOL it does happen! but then it gets worse casue there 100% open 100% of the time and the car makes less power and runs like s***.

lol yea a turbo application it would deff. happen. im my NA case, na. haha

Most people want to run LESS fuel. I know mine went pretty rich when I had it dynoed.

I would think you would have to really open up the motor so it could breath deep before it would need more fuel.

More fuel isn't the reason for bigger injectors on a crazy NA build. Basically it comes down to injector response.

essentially, you can deliver the same amount of fuel for less duty with larger injectors. This isn't a problem with the stock rev limiter. Its not even a problem with a slightly raised rev limiter - but when you build with longer rods and go for 8k+ rpm, whilst you may not be reaching max duty on the stock injectors, you may find you get fueling problems. It takes time for the solenoid to open, then close, then open again. The higher the duty, the more you are opening, and the slower everything gets.

Fuel system would be one of the last things I looked at personally. 150whp is possible with the right header, right intake system, engine management, a good tune and all the other goodies that go along with it - but building the engine and upping the compression would certainly help you along the way.

Back