How-To: Kill Clunk Cheap!!

sickspeed94 said:
hey guys i went to the AWR link in one of the first couple posts... i understand that these bushings are only 8 bucks each, but then why is shipping 12 dollars? i'm paying 30 bucks for something that should have soct only 16 or 17?

is there any other place to get these that would cost less shipped?
No doubt, that is a complete ripoff. They could easily just chuck those in a USPS flat rate box and bring the shipping cost down to $7. UPS shipping would be about $5.

sickspeed94 said:
thank you for the relevent helpful post... hehe sorry had to do it! just that i got all excited when i saw a reply to the post so quickly!

HAHA! Ok, I will do this, has anyone checked with **********.com? I know they sell AWR stuff for motor mounts, but I am not sure if they sell exactly what you are looking for. If anything, he may be able to get them and he doesn't charge for shipping on a lot of his products. Just a thought.

livelyjay said:
No doubt, that is a complete ripoff. They could easily just chuck those in a USPS flat rate box and bring the shipping cost down to $7. UPS shipping would be about $5.

i'll see if i can give them a call latr today. i doubt they'll budge anyway. on **********'s website they only have the 21.5mm ones and not the stock replacement ones... and those at like 11 each. lol

edit* i just recently met cullen by the way, he's cool people, i'll drop him a PM and see what's up.

evolv said:
A VISA... no wait thats for a different country... hummm not sure, is this truly a how-to..... I think this is more of a "this is what I did.. hope it works" thread...

"Hope this works thread" LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea ********** has them i think, and free shippping... to bad i figured this out after i got charged 20 bucks for the shipping on the stock replacement bushings, and then 32 dollars for shipping on my MSP new brackets for the AWR bar...

the box was 4 X 4 X 4 inches and weight 1lb. Should be about 6 bucks via UPS to ship that.

So which place is the lower price to buy from? Street Unit has the bushings for 10.50 each which comes out to 21.00..

And AWR has them for 7.80 each which would be 17.60... from what I hear they (AWR) charge wayy to much for shipping. Hmm....One sec, are these the right bushing at S.U.??
http://www.**********.com/AWR_SBB21_p/awr-sbb21.5.htm

Please correct me If I'm wrong, I don't want to order the wrong ones.

Thanks

Notorious_V.I.C said:
So which place is the lower price to buy from? Street Unit has the bushings for 10.50 each which comes out to 21.00..

And AWR has them for 7.80 each which would be 17.60... from what I hear they (AWR) charge wayy to much for shipping. Hmm....One sec, are these the right bushing at S.U.??
http://www.**********.com/AWR_SBB21_p/awr-sbb21.5.htm

Please correct me If I'm wrong, I don't want to order the wrong ones.

Thanks

yes i believe they're wrong, our rear sway bar is not 21.5mm as far as i know...

youre gonna have too for now. the ones on ********** are not for the stock MSP bar.

i could have sworn i saw the 19mm bushings on there like last week... oh well.

daedalus said:
youre gonna have too for now. the ones on ********** are not for the stock MSP bar.

i could have sworn i saw the 19mm bushings on there like last week... oh well.

either way the 30 bucks isn't bad at all, just not for a 15 dollar product lol... anyway i think it's worth it and i'm gonna pick up a set!

Same here (gonna buy a set soon), I'm starting to have a closet full of mods to install, so i'll most likly get those finished and then have these in time..for install

Well i just replaced them. The old ones basically fell apart when i took them off. One question. Now i kinda get a creeking sound. Will that go away once they break in or was i supposed use a little grease?

The creaking souund may be fromanother part of your car. I greased mine up good and now that there is no loud clunk I can hear a slight creaking as well. Its a lot less anoying than the "KLUNK". But that may be coming from elswhere not the bushings.

Bakrauf said:
The creaking souund may be fromanother part of your car. I greased mine up good and now that there is no loud clunk I can hear a slight creaking as well. Its a lot less anoying than the "KLUNK". But that may be coming from elswhere not the bushings.

The creaking sound is fixed by the dealership under warrent. THat is not the same as the Klunk. Alot of us get that sound especially when it is cold out.

if ya'll are talking about the loud ass creaking that sounds like rusty springs being compressed, it is from bushings related to the front sway bar, someone told me. Mine is pretty bad in the cold mornings, but once the car is warmed up, no creak. I sucks going over a speed bump and everybody turns to see what that god awful noise is.

Notorious_V.I.C said:
Heya re these the correct bushings???

http://www.**********.com/AWR_SBBP_p/awr-sbbp.htm

Hmm, no idea, they're supposed to be red in color. But they are 20mm. The engraving on the bushings is 5769 - 20mm

Back