HOW TO: Install Boost Gauge into Drivers Vent

they're actually not as bad as the pics made it seem. brightness is perfect. they're not neons. they're leds. they do not get in the way whatsoever when driving at night and do not distract you while driving. i didnt want to get blinded by neons or extra bright ass leds so i got em done a lil differently. color match is perfect. looks like they came stock on the car. ppl are like woah other cars should come like that. im like i had that done to it lol (headbang)

Ok I'm wiring the prosport blue / white guages does anyone know which wire to tap into for the headlight switch to change from white to blue?

If it's a simple switched fuse for when your headlights are on, you can tap into the same place the rest of us tapped for illumination: the taillights.

I see duhh sorry I was connecting boost guage oil guage and wideband all at once it was ally of wiring and gets confusing

Sorry to revive an old thread, but gotta say THANKS!!! Elbartorex. Your write up gave me just enough confidence to install myself. Mine was a bit different with the Prosport mechanical boost gauge and ventpod. Whole job took longer than I would have liked. I used those fuse taps from Radioshack and they were a pain in the ass. Otherwise the results are satisfying. MS3 boosts up to 16+ quick in 3rd gear!

also just to make it a little easier you can find the power, ground and illumination that ou need in the harnees of the buttons just below the vent, the dsc button and roller for the brightness. you can tap the wires you need there without having to run wires all the across the car to the passanger side fuse box. makes it alot easier. all you need is a test light to find which are which. that is where I wired my boost gauge into and have had no issues..

SSPX0448.jpg

SSPX0452.jpg

SSPX0447.jpg

bad cell phone pics. the lights arent pink they're red. gauge matches nicely. my setup is prosport premium boost gauge with rpm store's ventpod

Kinda looks like the car is on fire, literally

Will someone tell me what fuses they use for the Prosport setup? I installed mine and the light WON'T shut off and will also NOT change colors when you turn on lights.

Latest posts

Back