How To Instal PIAA 540 Fog/Driving Lights?

02Silver2.0

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5
I am interested in persuing this mod to replace my sandblasted fogs + cracked lens. What type of fabrication is involved with this process, as I am somewhat limited with that. I have a few ideas as to what could be attempted by possibly either using parts of the stock bracket, but do not want to spend the money on the kit unless it is actually reasonable to do. Also, can I use the stock relay with these units?

http://www.piaa.com/Lamps/Lamp-pages/540.html

I had similar pursuits with KC slimlites. I bought the kit from a retailer with a good return policy, then got in there with the fogs to do actual measurements and figure out how the adapter bracket should be fabricated, if necessary.

However, the lights were just barely too big to fit in the bumper cover so I scrapped the idea and returned the lights--no harm, no foul.

Since the 540s are smaller than the stock fogs, you won't have this problem. Just get in there and you'll work it out. You might get lucky--they may bolt right up.

You should use the wiring and relay system provided in the PIAA kit--it's better than the stock wiring harness.

Post pics if you decide to go for it! :)

I put in some PIAA's. don't remember the model size. the website i got them from said they would fit the p5, but they didn't. so I just cut the cups on the inside of the bumper to make them fit. it's difficult to aim them, but they look great and I put rock blockers on before i started. well worth the $$

I have 520's on my wife's car currently. Had to do creative use of washers to get them to fit.

They will be coming off for the 540's and I will be putting her 520's on my Subaru.

The 540's are basically a bolt on affair. I even wired in the factory plug so they turn on with the factory switch.

Pretty easy and a big difference in light output.

Back