HOW TO: Indepandant fogs without running a wire through the firewall

if u follow the walk through it would work perfect. i have a speed 3 GT and the mod works just fine. and u can turn your fogs of and on when ever you like. i have 3k hids and im lovin them

yeah the wiring is the same on both gt and spot. the only difference is that the gt has hids in place of the regular bulbs.

i looked at all the wires befor i started and all the colors were in the right place. so i gave it a try and they work perfect. i wired mine to the ACC so i can turn them on when ever i have the key on. =]]

hey guys, just did the mod yesterday, and here are the pics...granted they are during the day, so I had to play with the contrast to really get the angel eyes to shine, but at night time it looks sick!!

Also, here is the wiring I did, again, super easy to do...

i did mine yesterday same like u did... but gay thing happened..it turn on itself early in the morning. also it happened today afternoon but it will turn off itself again...?? aint that gay??

----works great-----

yes! it works. Thanks for the step by step. I was able to do this in a little over an hour due to missing electrical tape.

hey guys, just did the mod yesterday, and here are the pics...granted they are during the day, so I had to play with the contrast to really get the angel eyes to shine, but at night time it looks sick!!

Also, here is the wiring I did, again, super easy to do...

I did this mod and every once in a while the fogs come on, on their own during the night and day!! I was changing my oil and they came on automatically no key in the ignition???????????(huh)

I did this mod and every once in a while the fogs come on, on their own during the night and day!! I was changing my oil and they came on automatically no key in the ignition???????????(huh)

i did mine so they will come on with the parks. i can also just leave them off with the parks on with the brights on etc etc! you might have picked the wrong green with white or whatever on plug #1. i almost did!(boom01)

dumb quesiton: w/ these mods, the fogs will come on w/ the city lights even if the switch is set to off? or can you turn them on/of when the city lights are on?

dumb quesiton: w/ these mods, the fogs will come on w/ the city lights even if the switch is set to off? or can you turn them on/of when the city lights are on?

no they come on only when you want them to with at least the parking lights on. the fog on off switch still turns them off and on as normal. unless you did something wrong and didn't follow the step by step right.

no they come on only when you want them to with at least the parking lights on. the fog on off switch still turns them off and on as normal. unless you did something wrong and didn't follow the step by step right.

cool thank you. i haven't done the mod yet, but i was curious about it before doing it :D

just wired my independent fog light mod. Took about 45 minutes on my Cosmic Blue MS3 Sport. Not sure why I waited this long to do it but the results are great. Now I need 3000K yellow lamps to go with the 5000K HID's I just installed. I may need the fogs more when I move to Virginia than I do do here in NE Florida

i'm about to take hand in this mod quite excited to see how bright my 3k's are without the headlights on

The fogs in the OP are the OEM ones.

The wiring for 3's with HIDs (i.e. GT trim) is different, so no it won't work. There are other ways to do it which involve running a wire through the firewall and changing what the stock fog relay is plugged into. It's completely reversible. I'd post a link but we can't link to off-forum sites.

any chance you could email me the link? shpankey@gmail.com or PM would work. I REALLY want to do this on my GT. Thanks for any help.

you turn the car off and 7-9 seconds later, the fogs turn off...it's kinda cool, like the "courtesy lights" thing that is on audi's and bmw's

i just did this mod. just fyi, you can't turn off the fog lights using the factory switch. basically, they stay on all the time. they only go off if you turn the car off. if there is a fix for this, please let me know. thx.

HOW TO Indepandant fogs without running a wire through the firewall

I had an 87 TII that I regret selling. Just make sure that you mod it correctly... as in, dont just throw full exhaust on it and crank the boost up without considering fuel

here's a pic...

fogs.jpg

Back