How-To: Home Depot (HD) Lip

haha well i will put aluminum swuare tubing on the spot where i originally mounted the side skirts then remount them to the bars. it will stick 1.75 inches farther so its not so gay and under the body not on the sides. and i was gonna put carbonfiber tape over all of the stuff but i just may do it on the front.

I'm pretty sure that tape will not look very good, but to each their own... Just make sure to post up pics afterwards so someone can copy the post into "The Funniest Pictures of Rice Rides" thread. Thx bro. (ricer)

I'm pretty sure that tape will not look very good, but to each their own... Just make sure to post up pics afterwards so someone can copy the post into "The Funniest Pictures of Rice Rides" thread. Thx bro. (ricer)

idk if im doing the tape.

idk if im doing the tape.

Good call. If you really want the carbon fiber look, and I'm with you I like that look too (I'm lookin for a CF trunk currently), just start saving some cash. The other nice thing is that you are helping the performance of your car as well by lightening it, that is if you're replacing oem parts with CF anyways (not so much if you're just adding them but whatever). Good things come with hard work, and lots of money... :D

thats the problem is money. im only 16 and i have to finish paying off my car to my dad

thats the problem is money. im only 16 and i have to finish paying off my car to my dad

Ya, I'm in college so I'm not much better off than you. In terms of debt, I'm way worse off actually haha. But money comes in due time. Nothing goods comes easily (name that quote lol). And you usually get what you pay for. So have patience, get a job and enjoy the little things. When I was in highschool, I didn't have a lot of money, but I had a lot of time compared to now so I spent it keeping my car on a shine and learning as much as possible. Just read up on everything you can and learn, so when you do have the money, you know what's up. That and there's a lot of how-to's on this forum and other inexpensive things you can do to maintain and upgrade your car in small subtle ways. Good luck with your protege bro.

here is my bad picture
PIC_0085.jpg

just installed mine today. looks good! Sorry no pics, car isnt clean :) but will post when it doesn't look like it will rain and i get to wash it.

i just did it on my hatchback.....looks better since i lowered it.....

Attachments

• P6060019.JPG
    P6060019.JPG
    379.6 KB · Views: 686
  • P6060022.JPG
    P6060022.JPG
    319.6 KB · Views: 578
Last edited:
I agree it does look good when lowered. My sister had hers on the 3 since Aug and it's still holding up good.
As far as rubbing you won't hit it because it's not on the very bottom of the bumper.

matter of fact, i like it so much i also used it as rear down spliters also.....

Last edited:
Back