How-To: Home Depot (HD) Lip

ha maybe if home depot started selling aftermarket car parts, lol.

They do. Look at the lip I just installed on my MS6. I had an RX-7 that it used a few of their aftermarket product. I had a cold air box for my intake from them. ;)

im guessing that stuff is pretty flexible, so what does it look like while the car travels at say 100+mph??

Okay after 2 week of rolling around with the lip, it ripped off. So I had to fabricate some reinforcement for the middle section. I guess my car is too low but I hope this help.

This is what I made out of some sheet metal I had laying around.

dsc2812yh4.jpg

I made a template out of cardboard just so I could cut the shape of the bottom bumper. It doesn't have to be perfect but close enough. I didn't have any issues with the side, just the middle section of the bumper so I only reinforced that section with all five of those strips. Here is what it looks like.

dsc2814by2.jpg

So I notice primarily MS6 owners with this on their cars...does anyone know if it looks at least halfway decent on a regular 6?

Contemplating putting one on, but if it makes the car look goofy, I'll save the change for lunch at work :D

Okay after 2 week of rolling around with the lip, it ripped off. So I had to fabricate some reinforcement for the middle section. I guess my car is too low but I hope this help.

This is what I made out of some sheet metal I had laying around.

I made a template out of cardboard just so I could cut the shape of the bottom bumper. It doesn't have to be perfect but close enough. I didn't have any issues with the side, just the middle section of the bumper so I only reinforced that section with all five of those strips. Here is what it looks like.

Do you still have 3m tape on there? And can you post a better picture of the middle of the bumper?

Last edited:
Underneath please. And what length screws are in there on the middle as well? thanks

Installed my HDP lip today. The car feels more stable at high speeds I must say. Best 8 dollars ive spent. haha
100_6326.jpg

Thats what i used as well but if i used Mr. X's steel plate dsign i think 1/2 inch would stick out of that very thin middle section.

My screws did stick out. I used my dremel and trimmed them off. Sorry that I didn't get you the pictures yet. I had mean headache today and spent my day on bed after I installed a lip for another member.

Installed my HDP lip today. The car feels more stable at high speeds I must say. Best 8 dollars ive spent. haha
100_6326.jpg

first off i gotta say i red lip black rims looks bad ass on the white, and the depot lip compliments the grille extra nice.
i installed my depot lip a few weeks ago in no time and it looks sick, best part is u can still drive the car like its got no lip whatsoever, i love not having to worry about crackin a $600+ bumper fitting.
gotta get some picks up, eh gotta get a camera too haha

im gonnna have to jump on the homo depot band wagon now too ;)

anyone think of or put a line of black electrical tape between the bumper and the lip to cover the tape edge? for some reason the tape showing drives me nuts.

please someone do this for the PRO...btw is there another shape option for the lip?

Back