How To: HID Kit installation

Bijou-MP5

Contributor
:
2010 Mazda3 S Hatch
Purpose:

Most vehicles have standard halogen lights which are not very bright. A standard H7 halogen bulb is rated at 1500 lumens. This kit brings that up to 3400 lumens which is more than twice as bright! This kit is a Xtec 6000K H7 HID kit from http://www.xenonexpert.com

<HR>
What color should I choose?

4500K = Best light output, bright white, excellent looks
5000K = Great light output, pure white, excellent looks
6000K = Good light output, white with hint blue, best looks
For best visibility on the road, colors between 4500K~6000K is preferred.
Any temp colors above 6000K (8000K~12000K) do give you nice blue or purple looks, but you will lose visibility on the road.

<HR>The kit includes:

- 2 Xenon-Charged Bulbs
- 2 HID Ballasts
- 2 Wiring Harnesses & Connectors
- Heavy Duty Double-Sided tape for easy mounting of the ballasts

xteckit.jpg

<HR>Tools Required:

Basic tools will do, but you might need socket or wrench depends on how you mount your ballasts.

<HR>Pre-Installation

I suggest you test the kit first before you install the kit. After test is done, I recommend that you disconnect the vehicle's negative battery terminal.

IMG_0390.JPG

<HR>Installation: This is not intended to show how it should be done. This is only to show how I installed my system.

1. First, remove dust cap and carefully remove factory headlight bulbs.

2. Replace with Xenon-Charged Bulbs.

3. Most important thing, find the a mounting location for the ballasts.

• For driver side: I have mounted ballast to the fuse box by drilling holes into it.
IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0394.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG

• For Passenger side: I mount my ballast to empty space besides cruise control. however, double sided tapes did not hold a ballast strong enough, so I went to Menards and got myself L-shape braket.
IMG_0426_resize.jpg

IMG_0427_resize.jpg

4. Connect the power wire harness to the ballast.

5. Connect the HID bulb to the ballast using the factory headlight socket.

IMG_0430_resize.jpg

IMG_0431_resize.jpg

6. Make sure bulbs are secured tightly and dust cover cap is properly enclosed.

IMG_0436_resize.jpg

IMG_0434_resize.jpg

IMG_0435_resize.jpg

7. Reconnect the car battery cables and make sure all components are secured.

8. Turn light switch on and enjoy your brand new Xtec HID headlights. :)

IMG_0403_resize.JPG

IMG_0442.JPG

IMG_0448.JPG

IMG_0447.jpg

that whole cylinder fits behind the dust cap!! and also is hte dust cap really that important? i dont no how, but i dont have any....... wtf.....

i have 4500k stock and they look great, however if my bulbs were to go out i would probably go with something that is about 8k so i could get the purple effect.

AznXstazy said:
that whole cylinder fits behind the dust cap!! and also is hte dust cap really that important? i dont no how, but i dont have any....... wtf.....

I believe dust cap is important because it will prevent headlight getting dusts(lol)..
I'm sure there are more reasons...(blah) but I don't know for sure...

o1S4 said:
i have 4500k stock and they look great, however if my bulbs were to go out i would probably go with something that is about 8k so i could get the purple effect.

8K will be totally blue..but it will blind incoming traffics...they are really bright.
I say you should go with 6000K :)

When you tested the bulbs (your first pre installation pic) did you just touch the ends of the bulb wires to the battery ?

10,000K for the win!
I love how people coming the opposite way on small streets flash their brights at me...I usually just wave saying hi :-D

^^^ have you thought about maybe aiming them down a lil bit? my used to do the same thing, until i took 5 minutes to aim them and i haven't gotten any more flashing since

Brian MP5T said:
Sub from 2 years ago?? WTF?

i just did it incase i needed any extra info on a How-to for installing my HIDs that i did today....it was just a back up for worse case scenerio...but i figured it out by myself.....hardest part was getting the ******* bulb holder piece to clamp around the damn tiny ass hook.

I cannot securly tighten the bulb to the headlight. It stays on, but very lossely, it affects the aim. Any ideas? Can I use glue/adhesive?

Back