How To: headlight black out for P5!

to my knowledge, all 2003 proteges - regular, p5 and msp - in canada had the black housing. so yes, it is perfectly safe and legal... as long as you don't go paint crazy and paint everything under the lense, lol

omg the lens is so clear.. WOW. When I have extra cash I may just buy those.. I'm sure it's nearly as cheap as the stock silver USDM lights anyway. Then I'll get rockblocker on it pronto! :D

KanseiZM said:
omg the lens is so clear.. WOW. When I have extra cash I may just buy those.. I'm sure it's nearly as cheap as the stock silver USDM lights anyway. Then I'll get rockblocker on it pronto! :D

Rockblocker ... hmmmm - this is a good idea. I'll be EZ-bakin' my USDM P5 lights for the MSP (they may or may not be black however(shady)) btw Chris - I havn't formally thanked you for the daily seizures caused by your new sig (flash)

Bala de Plata said:
Rockblocker ... hmmmm - this is a good idea. I'll be EZ-bakin' my USDM P5 lights for the MSP (they may or may not be black however(shady)) btw Chris - I havn't formally thanked you for the daily seizures caused by your new sig (flash)
(rlaugh)

Those Canadians lights are awesome....how much do those retail for?

That's getting a deal on them too haha.

I wish you could just buy a new lens. I think you might be able to but it still won't be at all cheap.

Ah damn $800....scratch those. Thanks for the quick response though. And yes they look sweet as hell.

InFlames said:
400 or soo for new ones isn't too bad, I'd rather do that and paint them again.

You'd rather do 400 each than pay them again? the 205, even if it is for the whole headlight, is gonna be the USDM silver headlight.

Yea but I did my own headlights, I wouldnt mind doing them again. I can't justify paying 800 for two headlights.

100-0036_IMG.jpg

Oh I misread your other post, I thought you were saying you would rather buy the new headlights than (you said "then", I saw "than") paint them again. I'm thinking the same myself. Get the new headlights, and probably transfer the chrome piece from the new ones into my old housing, or just put the new lens on my old headlight, and then like sell the chrome ones on eBay or something.

aghh bumper was a pain to take off, mainly the two screws inside holding the bumper to the fender but hey I now can do it no problem! I used the paint that the original poster used and turned out good for me, had some condensation in the first night but has now since disappeared.. for good I'm hoping

100_0519.jpg

100_0532.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0526.jpg
    100_0526.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 260
  • 100_0520.jpg
    100_0520.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 291
  • 100_0527.jpg
    100_0527.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 321
  • 100_0536.jpg
    100_0536.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 290
^^^ It should work fine on your LX. try to post pics of it when you're done (if you do it). I don't think I've seen it done on a sedan before.

Back