how to foglight mod. *with pics*

something that I dont think was mentioned in here... if you dim your dash gauges all the way to the off position your fog lights will go off as well.

But I can't light up low and high beams together, anyway with HID I don't need high beams anymore.
When you do your low beam HIDs you'll find that they do not go off when turning on brights so all 4 will be lit but your fogs will go off with brights on so basically, the bright switch will toggle fogs and brights like some weird poilce action, lol.

i am a little confused on this, in your pictures you show your foglights on with no other lights on but mine will not do that...

I just unplugged the green wire on the fog switch from the red wire on the relay and then plugged a power line from the cig lighter to the red wire on the relay and i can run the fogs independant of all other lights, however i still have to push in the fog light button for them to come on.... if i want the fogs to come on without even having to push the fog button any ideas what else i can do?

ok sorry for all of the thread jacking but on a whim I unplugged the plug for the fog light switch and put two 20amp fuses into the plug and used electrical tape to keep them in place and turned the car on.... and the fog lights came on!! no switch needed. this is honestly a way easier mod.

so now there are two options
if you want the fogs independant of all other lights and controlled with the fog light button you simply cut the red wire on the relay and connect a wire from the cig lighter of any other power wire to it

if you want them to come on as soon as the car comes on do the above :)

only one question.. is what i did safe? i'd assume the fuses would blow if it wasn't

so my find may have been incorrect, after doing this mod i drove this evening only to find out that my dash lights no longer work

Let me see if i got it right just conect the red wire with the green black wire and tape it and its ready

"Two things I want to mention: I have a 2002 U.S. model (no DRLs) and my fogs do not flash when I use keyless entry. Also, my first attempt was unsuccessful because I did not realize that you have to splice INTO the green/black wire, meaning the green/black wire has to remain intact and continuous as well as connected to the new wire you are connecting. Hope this helps clarify for the next guy who does this mod!"

Thnx! Had the same problem till I read you comment!

I tried this mod. on a Canadian model 2003 P5 with no luck. This being said, back in the day we disabled the DRL by just cutting a black and yellow wire under the dash close to the fog light relay.

Back