How To: Ebay FMIC

Four things -
1. Thanks for the link.
2. Wow, $29.99 for a fan and mounting hardware, is that cheap??
3. I would assume I could wire this to turn on with the turn of the Ignition key
4. 2.5 in at the thickest point is pretty thin fan then?

You don't want it always on. Car will take forever to reach operating temp which is bad.

Sorry I only had time to post a link at the time but that's the fan I used when I was boosted on the AC side. It flows just as much air as a spal and is just as thin when I compared it to my main spal fan. It was definitely well worth the money.

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking. I currently have hard pipes 2" on my car with the stock smic. I think I can use my tb reducer and place it on the turbo and use the supplied cuplers to go from the tb to the pipes since it will be all 2.5". So all I need is one reducer? What couplers would I require to go into the smic location and passenger radiator location?

Last edited:
So if I get this pipping kit and use my tb reducer ,I wouldn't need anything else? What do I do with the stock bpv?

I already have a hks ssqv installed on my car. It's the other black looking valve(sorry I'm new to msp so idk the name) it's small and black in color n has a vacuum line ,or is my car running off 2 bov lol?

I already have a hks ssqv installed on my car. It's the other black looking valve(sorry I'm new to msp so idk the name) it's small and black in color n has a vacuum line ,or is my car running off 2 bov lol?

If I am correct, yes you are running both. I think a lot of people on here do that... it's called a bypass valve. You have cold side hard pipes then I am assuming?

I bought the car this way .I'll explain as much as I can and even get a picture if needed. It has blue hard pipes with a hks bov and injen cold air intake.my pipes are 2" but my cai is 2.5". What looks to be like a stock bpv is connected at the pipe that goes from the turbo to the stock upper smic location and it then goes inline connected to some other hose

here is a picture of my engine bay
P1110247.jpg

so if i buy the ebay universal kit with the U bend pipes and couplers,all i would need after that is the 2'' to 2.5'' reducer for the turbo which i already have ..how many 90* and 45* couplers would i need to run the pipes thru the smic location and the left radiator section? this is my last question and then i guess im good to go lol

Back