How To: Ebay FMIC

already have. almost thought to predent it. i wont paint the lower section, just the upper.

sooner or later i might cut the frame to snake the hotpipe through but not until i sort out a washer fluid solution. our weather is too bad most of the time to go without.

already have. almost thought to predent it. i wont paint the lower section, just the upper.

sooner or later i might cut the frame to snake the hotpipe through but not until i sort out a washer fluid solution. our weather is too bad most of the time to go without.

some guys have snuck it through the core support by trimming that. if I was going to redo it, thats where I'd go.

for now im not too worried. the 135 pipe is a seperate pipe for this reason. i can take it out and have the pipe go another direction quite easily if there is room.
just leaving options open for the possibility of stock location fogs. i might score some 2007 focus fogs for next to nothing.

Yea I have it through the support. It actually wasnt that hard. I also have a replacement line for the power steering cooler. If anyone is interested I can make you one. Just pay for shipping.

Not to the point where im comfortable cutting up the shell for my mods. Car isnt thst low on sportlines. Im just running 15" winter tires. On my 17"s things will be better. Better stillwhen i replace rear struts.

so im seeing some different BOV placements...do you put the bov before or after the maf? im going to be vta. as mine sits i have the air filter connected to the MAF which if connected to a pipe going to the turbo inlet. then after the intercooler i have my bov, before the intake manifold...im about to order the cxracing kit so whats the difference?

so im seeing some different BOV placements...do you put the bov before or after the maf? im going to be vta. as mine sits i have the air filter connected to the MAF which if connected to a pipe going to the turbo inlet. then after the intercooler i have my bov, before the intake manifold...im about to order the cxracing kit so whats the difference?

MAF has to (HAS TO!) be between the BOV and the throttle body if you are going to VTA.

To run VTA, you basically have to move the MAF from the intake (before turbo) to the cold pipe (between turbo and throttle body.) If you read through this thread, its all covered in here already.

thanks for clearing that up, i just skimmed through and looked at pictures and noticed some were different.

Here is some quick pictures of my set-up. When I find time to make a build/progress thread for my car I'll throw some additional pics in as well. Details of the kit are below the pictures.

CXRacing Kit (ebay)
Universal Pipe Set: 92.28
Core (21x9x2.75): 98.00

Nice set up but sure as hell dont hit anything. Your fmic is niw loadbearing lol.

I'm trying to stay away from cutting the crash bar on the car. Lord knows it saved me in my accident I had in my last MSP going over 85 mph in a head on colision. Soo... I wanted to see if this intercooler will work without triming the crash bar Overall Size 27"x6"X3.5" Core Size 18"x6"x3.5" 2.5" Inlet & Outlet 3.5" Thick Core. It has tabs welded to the top and bottom of the intercooler which make the overall height larger than 6" as well.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I don't mind trimming the inside of the bumper as it holds minimal structural value. I also am not sure if it is going to interfere with my fog lamps. Please let me know.

Last edited:
pretty sure you will be fine. also, replacing part of the crash bar with 3.5" of aluminum shouldnt hurt... lemme see what my measurements were...

Back