How to disable Information Sharing?

halfast3

:
'15 CX-5 AWD, Touring; '11 Golf TDi, bitte halten Sie den Atem
While poking around in the setup menu, I unthinkingly enabled information sharing, thinking it'd be no big deal. Now I have another annoying permission screen to respond to at every startup.(pissed) Anyone know how to disable this nuisance?

While poking around in the setup menu, I unthinkingly enabled information sharing, thinking it'd be no big deal. Now I have another annoying permission screen to respond to at every startup.(pissed) Anyone know how to disable this nuisance?

I would imagine you just go back in where you enabled it, it should say enabled and just highlight it and turn the command button to disable it.

Well I am unsure what year you are working on, but if you have a 2013-2015, the only thing I can think of this could be is for the TOM TOM navigation system, so you would want to go back to the NAVI/TOM TOM menu to change.

I would imagine you just go back in where you enabled it, it should say enabled and just highlight it and turn the command button to disable it.

It was enabled in the setup menu; the menu item disappeared afterwards.

Edit: I poked around in the menu system some more and found a Reset Defaults option. Problem solved.
Thanks for your suggestions! (drinks)

Additional Edit: Started engine, annoying screen returned. Back to square one (scratch)

Last edited:
It was enabled in the setup menu; the menu item disappeared afterwards.

Edit: I poked around in the menu system some more and found a Reset Defaults option. Problem solved.
Thanks for your suggestions! (drinks)

Additional Edit: Started engine, annoying screen returned. Back to square one (scratch)

Do a search through the CX-5 Audio folder for 'Disable Information Sharing". There's an older link that provides some info that may help you remove the message.
The user mentions something about it being embedded in one of the setup screens.

Do a search through the CX-5 Audio folder for 'Disable Information Sharing". There's an older link that provides some info that may help you remove the message.
The user mentions something about it being embedded in one of the setup screens.

OK. I found that thread but still couldn't locate the item in settings. Ended up performing a long overdue update on my computer. Once I'd reinserted the SD card, I got the "do you want to enable information sharing?" message to which I emphatically selected "NO". End of problem...I hope! (nailbyt)
Thanks all!​

Well...wrong again. Started up this morning and the dreaded info sharing screen has returned. (uhm)

Back