How to config the OEM remote starter?

buliwyf

:
2002 Mazda Protege5, 2014 Mazda3 sedan
I know how to start the car;
1. Press the top-most button on the right side
2. Press and hold for 2-sec the 'start' button (middle, right).

Car starts fine.

I have 2 questions though:

1. The default is for the car to run 10 mins until it shuts itself off. Can I adjust this to say, 15 mins? At 10-mins, it's just the time where the car starts to blow warm air from the heater fan.

2. This is most annoying; I remote start the car. When I get to the car, I unlock the door (with the car's remote key) so I can come in; The moment I unlock the door, car shuts itself down! Is this some security feature and if so, can I change this?

Last edited:
1) You can change this time to be either 10 or 30 minutes. Refer to he remote starter manual page 22:

http://media.tkcarsites.com/Local/1034/PDF/CX5_M6_RemoteStart.pdf

The default setting is 10 minutes.
- Press the function switch and the start switch at the same time until it beeps.
The current setting time is displayed.
- Press the start switch to set the warm up time.
The setting time “min” will display.
Press the function switch until it beeps

- Kinda dumb that it can't be made to be 15 minutes which is what I'd consider best default time :\

2) yeah, this is kind of annoying, and I don't think it can be changed. My guess is that the car is in some special running mode when started through remote. For example wipers won't work even if you left them on (makes sense as you don't want this if your windshield is all frozen, which you may not know when you remote start). So the car needs to shut off and get to proper driving running mode when you start it up again.

Last edited:
Back