How-To : AWR Rear Mount Install

i had everything.lol the impact didnt do any good. long ass breaker bar ftw. no helping hands other than my sister :D i also have the side insert from awr, i have no idea how it goes, how does it hold itself? does the side insert do any diff in the vib? or is it a myth?

wow then i assume the bracket on the firewall was kicking your butt!

spend 2 hours on that POS nut, then i went to homedepot and bought a dremel and cut the hell out of it. stupid design. now i am doing carving with dremel :) have to make use of it.

spend 2 hours on that POS nut, then i went to homedepot and bought a dremel and cut the hell out of it. stupid design. now i am doing carving with dremel :) have to make use of it.

Would it piss you off that I can get that bottom nut off within 10min if that once I have access to it?

Attachments

• trick.JPG
    trick.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 461
yes it would. even if u would, then how will u take the nut out without breaking that stud?

yes it would. even if u would, then how will u take the nut out without breaking that stud?

I just wedge the socket down onto the nut and pry against that stud to get straight onto the nut for easy removal.

The ratchet I used was one size smaller then your standard size. Going one size smaller leaves plenty of room between the raise part of the mount for the deep socket to get onto that bottom nut without hitting aything for that firewall bracket.

Edit: You don't have to remove the TB but I did to give myself more room.

Last edited:
i am planning on putting the stock ones back, not worth the vibration. i woulld rather take the wheel hop.

i am planning on putting the stock ones back, not worth the vibration. i woulld rather take the wheel hop.

lol I recently went back to stock motor mounts from 3 solid ones(front side and trans) and im loving it aside from my beyond shot rear mount. Im going to put my torque damper back on the car if i can every find that damn bracket im missing. lol

my AWR rear mount will be on the sale section soon. :) should have done better research b4 putting it on. what a waste of time.

my AWR rear mount will be on the sale section soon. :) should have done better research b4 putting it on. what a waste of time.

yeah dont ever try to drive a car with solid mounts (especially the rear) if you have a migraine. Talk about a splitting headache. I installed a full set of SU mounts in my last auto pro and my god talk about wanting to cry do to the paint(didnt realize I had one at the time).

yea finally sold it. still has the front one though thinking of taking out but it didnt make any diff anyway.

so ur saying that is better to leave the oem ones??? i heard that only changing the front one its enough... its that true?

so ur saying that is better to leave the oem ones??? i heard that only changing the front one its enough... its that true?

Depends on how much you can tolerate as well. The rear motor mount is what will give you the most severe changes of the 4. I did front and rear and am alright with the addeed vibrations, but other people might not like it.

Damn guys...

I installed my front and rears with the engine OUT of the car in 2003. That made it a lot easier. I think I have the highest durometer for the front and rears, since these were some of the first.... The side mounts, I installed a couple of months ago. MUCH easier!!

Damn guys...

I installed my front and rears with the engine OUT of the car in 2003. That made it a lot easier. I think I have the highest durometer for the front and rears, since these were some of the first.... The side mounts, I installed a couple of months ago. MUCH easier!!

Now that is just plain cheating... That or going through way to much work just to have extra room. (rlaugh)

Back