How To Acquire Non-US Spec Head Restraints for a US-spec CX-5

Would love to have some jdm rear black leather head rests. Scouring thru this thread for alternates. So the consensus is to go for the Mazda 6 rear headrests for as close to the jdm set?

Also looking for the Black Leather GT headrests...if anyone has a lead, send me a PM. Thanks!

Also interested in a pair in black leather

Ok... I'm planning to go to Japan around mid of next month (May) & I can bring a few (or whatever will fit in my luggage... LOL) JDM black leather w/ red stitching rear headsets back w/ me. Remember... Mazda of Japan don't keep them in stock... I have to order them & it'd take about 3-4 weeks. Hopefully they'll be ready just in time before I come back (end of May). PM me if you are still interested... ASAP. ;)

Btw, I also still have 1 set of each model Sand color headrests if anyone is interested. ;)

PM sent as well. Curious to hear back if you were able to pick up a few of the black leather GT headrests.

Are these guys just walking into a japanese dealership and going to the parts department or something?

I don't know how he gets them but he does. Shipping on mine was lightning fast. I love these headrests compared to US spec.

I extended my stay in Japan for another week, so I'll be back in USA next week. I only ordered 6 sets of JDM black GT/leather rear headrests. 3 of them are already spoken for by selective, mazdagunza, & BigBuckNasty1. 2 of them are also spoken for by people who contacted my bro via his website. Only 1 set left is available... I have a few people PM'd me already, so I'll let the 1st person on list have this set.

I also still have 1 last set of Sand GT/leather & Sport (which I'll give discount to THIS set only). PM me if you are interested.

Are these guys just walking into a japanese dealership and going to the parts department or something?
My Japanese friend ordered them since they are not in stock at dealership... & wait for 3-4 weeks until they are made. ;)

I don't know how he gets them but he does. Shipping on mine was lightning fast. I love these headrests compared to US spec.
I'm glad you enjoy them. :)

I found out today that the new cx3 headrests also fit and slide down below the seat similarly to the jdm headrests as another option for those having trouble getting a set.

Apologies for not taking any pictures of it while i was at the dealership.

I found out today that the new cx3 headrests also fit and slide down below the seat similarly to the jdm headrests as another option for those having trouble getting a set.

Apologies for not taking any pictures of it while i was at the dealership.
I was watching a video review of the new CX-3 and was thinking the same thing. As Mazda has yet to release the car in the states, I don't know if the US will get different headrests or not. I thought the taller headrests were because of some regulation. If the CX-3 fit in are styled like the JDM ones it could be a great option for people

Pic of the CX-3 rear headrests:

ximm

I was watching a video review of the new CX-3 and was thinking the same thing. As Mazda has yet to release the car in the states, I don't know if the US will get different headrests or not. I thought the taller headrests were because of some regulation. If the CX-3 fit in are styled like the JDM ones it could be a great option for people

I believe the taller headrests are an attempt for better whiplash protection.

This was the picture I found while searching. It looks like the UK has different headrests then the USA. I don't like the weird concave-ness in that other pic. Why so many different headrests for the same cars Mazda, WHY!?!?!?

all-new-mazda-cx-3-seating.jpg

Not sure if any more are available, but i am interested in the low profile 2015 black GT leather headrests.

Ordered mine from the contact info that twsmith got their's from on page 4 of this thread
came in just under 4 weeks from Australia to Canada

Chris Kay - Chris.Kay@johnnewell.com.au
John Newell Mazda
Ph# 02 9318 8888
Fax# 02 9318 8801

If anyone else is thinking of ordering AUS spec rear headrests from Australia to Metro Vancouver, PM me. Perhaps we can save on shipping by having two or more sets sent?

Back