How the F*CK do you install an OEM replacement pass. motor mount?

I bet. Weird thing is just the single medieval was like that, I could see my dash vibing away. Maybe 1 amplifies it, as the others aren't tieing it down as much.

Ok, just so I am straight: if I buy the mount off mazdaparts, the sponsor here, will I still have to press the old mount apart, or will it arrive ready to go? Its odd, because like social's link shows, you can buy aftermarket oem replacements which are complete.

Anyway, I put the old torn one with inserts back on. My goodness, what a relief, smooth as butter! Lol funny, because I remember noticing increased vibes when I first put the inserts in the torn mount. After the medieval, though, its unnoticable. I hate to think what awr's all around would be like.
reading comprehension?
what did I just say about buying the MSP mount? just buy a stock MSP mount and throw it in!

Oh yes, rea and passenger side are torn good. Got the inserts in the passengers side.

How did you inspect them?

I tried looking at mine to see if they were torn (front passenger was easy to see). But the others are hard to find/inspect. The transmission mount looks good and intact though. can you tell if they're ripped without taking anything out? ...i just assumed because my front passenger mm was ripped, the rest would be as well

How did you inspect them?

I tried looking at mine to see if they were torn (front passenger was easy to see). But the others are hard to find/inspect. The transmission mount looks good and intact though. can you tell if they're ripped without taking anything out? ...i just assumed because my front passenger mm was ripped, the rest would be as well

maybe this will help you

passenger side - rips easy
front - rips easy
rear - rips easy
trans - doesnt rip so easy

the front one is ALWAYS the one to go bad first, then its the passenger side one... a weak passenger side mount WILL make the front mount die fast... so replace both if you have the money.... if both of these are weak and are dead, it will eventually kill the rear mount and that is something you DON'T want to happen

the front one is ALWAYS the one to go bad first, then its the passenger side one... a weak passenger side mount WILL make the front mount die fast... so replace both if you have the money.... if both of these are weak and are dead, it will eventually kill the rear mount and that is something you DON'T want to happen

....why DON'T you want that to happen?

^WOW^ Unless u like the lashing of the motor under the hood of your car. Sorry, bad day. Might as well replace them all one after the other. Just makes it a whole lot easier.

^WOW^ Unless u like the lashing of the motor under the hood of your car. Sorry, bad day. Might as well replace them all one after the other. Just makes it a whole lot easier.

Ok so, because the one ripped, I should replace all of them? (except transmission mount)?

Ok so, because the one ripped, I should replace all of them? (except transmission mount)?

When you replace motor mounts it best to do them all at once. If you only replace one. It gets all the stress put on it because the others are bad.

Edit: The rear motor mount can be a complete b**** to replace. Its not fun for your first time around. The first time after doing the rear mount I said I should of just paid someone to do it. I have done it several times since then but its still not fun.

....why DON'T you want that to happen?

the rear mount is a b**** to replace as said before. I replaced mine while i had my whole engine and transmission out of the car and it was still a complete b**** to get those bolts out cuz of the engine harness stuff getting in the way of the ratchet.

Oh yes, rea and passenger side are torn good. Got the inserts in the passengers side.

As he stated in post #23 he has more than one that are torn so might as well just replace them all to get the say affect all around the motor/trans. If those 2 are torn I'm sure the rest are sure to follow.

Did many of you have your side motor mount pressed? I was getting ready to do mine and can't get the attached part on the passenger side off.

Hell no. I took it back. The one at mazdapartsonline has that part ready to go, and its the same price as the autozone piece. Why pay the $140 or whatever, then have to pay to press it, as well as deal with the hassle?

I put my torn mount back in, with inserts, and am waiting till I have cash to buy from mazdaparts.

For what it's worth, the local dealer only charged $90 (labor only- I got the part from MMS) to replace the rear mount on my 2.0L DX in 2005. I guess they had Jeff Spicoli's dad's "ulimate set of tools." From everything I've read here, this is money well very spent, given the horror stories about some wiring loom bolt that folks are having to cut off, and other problems.

I had the same issue with the mount I ordered.. I'm sending it back and trying again with someone else...

I'm gonna hit up my local mechanic to do it soon. It can't be more than an hour for a competent mechanic, and that's the $90 right there.

BTW, I will be buying all mounts but the passengers mount at Autozone. Why? They have a lifetime warranty on the mounts, so when it tears in 50k, I'll be getting a new free mount. :D

Back