How the F*CK do you install an OEM replacement pass. motor mount?

poison

:
02 P5, manual
Just picked up the Autozone OEM replacement passengers side. It's missing the part that goes through bushing and bolts to the engine. I'm looking at my old OEM, and that part is fused into the rubber somehow, no idea if I am supposed to remove it, or if the Autozone piece is missing something.

Dammit, I'm sick of this motor mount s***.

Just picked up the Autozone OEM replacement passengers side. It's missing the part that goes through bushing and bolts to the engine. I'm looking at my old OEM, and that part is fused into the rubber somehow, no idea if I am supposed to remove it, or if the Autozone piece is missing something.

Dammit, I'm sick of this motor mount s***.

how much did you pay for it?

Take a picture and show us the situation, I replaced mine a little bit ago.

Shake it, does it have liquid in it? (peep)

$140 or so out the door. Pic on the way.

I shook it, no liquid sound, but holy hell, I hold it to my ear, and hear the ocean. What has Mazda done? (naughty)

OK, here's a pic of the Medieval. Basically the autozone replacement is missing the part off to the right with the 2 bolt holes, which attach to the engine.

Attachments

• 2009-06-20 11.56.42.jpg
    2009-06-20 11.56.42.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
$140 or so out the door. Pic on the way.

I shook it, no liquid sound, but holy hell, I hold it to my ear, and hear the ocean. What has Mazda done? (naughty)

OK, here's a pic of the Medieval. Basically the autozone replacement is missing the part off to the right with the 2 bolt holes, which attach to the engine.

I saw a lot like that when I was looking to replace mine.
I believe you either:
a) bought the wrong model/year mm
or
b) bought the REAR passenger mm, when you were looking for the front passenger mm.

I can sell you my old oem mm. it was ripped but you can be the judge of its usefulness. It didn't increase vibes, I just noticed the liquid coming from it and thought it needed to be replaced (hi)
Of course the price will be dirt cheap.

Thanks, but I just reinstalled my old ripped one that has inserts in it, that'll be more stable than without inserts.

Hmm. it's the correct mount, I mean I know what the other three look like, and this is it, it's just missing a means to bolt it to the motor. Veryfreakinweird. I'd very much prefer to buy from autozone, because they offer a lifetime guarantee on the part. In other words, it's still a crap oem mount, but unlike Mazda parts, I can return for a new one when it rips. :D

perhaps you need to use a hydraulic press to get the bolt thing out of your old mount and press it into the new one

I tried hammering it out, but it really looks as if the rubber was poured around it, and it's molded in there.

perhaps you need to use a hydraulic press to get the bolt thing out of your old mount and press it into the new one

My mount came with the bolt holes attached to the mount.
Have you asked autozone about this? maybe its one of those "Oh, ha, whoops, heres the right parts..." moments.

Mine is an 02. the 2.0 engine is the same from 99-04, no?

BTW, did you still want the medieval, Social?

Last edited:
Mine is an 02. the 2.0 engine is the same from 99-04, no?

BTW, did you still want the medieval, Social?

No thanks, sorry I forgot to let you know :dodgy:

And from what i see...that part is listed for the 01 engine only. IDK maybe double check with autozone.(burn)

i bet the mount you bought is for a 1.8 liter but that doesn't make any sense cuz its the same block

Last edited:
that's what you get for buying aftermarket bulls***
you'll have to press the old bracket out and press the new one in

the cost of paying a shop to do that will make it worth as much as buying a stock MSP mount

Ok, just so I am straight: if I buy the mount off mazdaparts, the sponsor here, will I still have to press the old mount apart, or will it arrive ready to go? Its odd, because like social's link shows, you can buy aftermarket oem replacements which are complete.

Anyway, I put the old torn one with inserts back on. My goodness, what a relief, smooth as butter! Lol funny, because I remember noticing increased vibes when I first put the inserts in the torn mount. After the medieval, though, its unnoticable. I hate to think what awr's all around would be like.

Back