How the F*CK do you install an OEM replacement pass. motor mount?

Just FYI, I contacted Beck-Arnley customer service today, because they also have a motor mount listed that is missing that center piece. The guy emailed me back almost immediately and said that he would investigate this issue, and should have a response in the next day or two.

Good news - I heard back from Beck/Arnley, and the customer service rep has acknowledged that this is in fact a design flaw on their part. The guy said that they are now in the process of looking for a new supplier so that they can bring their motor mount up to par with OEM.

well, after I took off my passenger mount, I realized I had one of said mounts without the insert bracket. Soo, I broke all the old rubber off the original one, scraped almost all of it off with some pliers and elbow grease. After that I took a hacksaw and sawed through the end of it, so it was split, and then turned it sideways and sawed it lightly until it was close to the inside piece. Then I mangled it with a screwdriver and a big pair of pliers until I got the whole cylinder to rip where I used the saw on it. After that it pretty much slid right off and then I put it on the new mount. Took about an hour and a half for removing, cutting the cylinder off, and then reinstalling. I was determined not to go buy any new tools or a new mount with the part already on it.

Back