How often do you wax?

jeremy44

:
CX-5 AWD GT with Tech pkg
As above, and which wax/ brand do you use?

I use Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax on my black 2013 GT

5 to 8 months, used to use Meguiar's NXT wax, but starting to use Blackfire Crystal Seal.

Used to be 2-3X/year but since I got 2 Meguiar's NXT wax kits from Amazon(one as a gift) it's every month or two or when car's paint starts feeling less silky as right after waxing.

I wax once a month "Race-glaze 55 when its new and then Autumn and Spring then in-between Meguiars Tech Wax NXT .

I am the same with personal hygiene I have a shower once a month whether I need it or not.

NuFinish. Full car each spring and hood & top ~ 6 Months. This for a garage kept vehicle.

Once every 2-3 months. I was using Meguiars NXT but foud that it stained the black plastic trims like crazy, and I foud the results (water beading) would not last very long. Not for the high price of the wax anyway. Now I use the less expensive NuFinish soft paste and find it way better in every respect. I gave what was left of the NTX to the wife.

I used wax for the first time the other day on my wheels because they were looking rough after owning since November and no waxing ever. I used turtle wax and put way too much (and probably let it sit too long) and it was a b**** to polish it out, especially in between the spokes (noob mistake lol)... Actually I still need to get some of the wax off lol.

All the left over wax is pretty much between the top of the spoke and the inside wheel hard place to reach, not making that mistake again.
lexanilss55mchblklipring.jpg

No. still waxing my CX7. I am intending to get a CX5 with the Bose/sunroof package in red or possibly white. Dealer says they have a shipment coming in. :)

As above, and which wax/ brand do you use?

I use Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax on my black 2013 GT

I heard that maxwax from this forum, waxes each day before breakfast, as well as when he returns from work.

I've only waxed my CX-5 once so far (2 months ago) using Meguiar's liquid wax (not sure of the exact name), and the wax made the swirls that I have in my black paint from the very first carwash almost disappear.

Taking my car in for it's first wash was a big mistake... after a long trip to the snow the car had a thick layer of salt and dirt caked on and I assumed that a reputable hand wash place would know how to take care of it without making swirls all over the car.. big mistake, but the wax seems to have improved the situation quite a bit.

Every 6 - 12 months for wax, but the climate I live in is rather mild.

I heard that maxwax from this forum, waxes each day before breakfast, as well as when he returns from work.

I've only waxed my CX-5 once so far (2 months ago) using Meguiar's liquid wax (not sure of the exact name), and the wax made the swirls that I have in my black paint from the very first carwash almost disappear.

Taking my car in for it's first wash was a big mistake... after a long trip to the snow the car had a thick layer of salt and dirt caked on and I assumed that a reputable hand wash place would know how to take care of it without making swirls all over the car.. big mistake, but the wax seems to have improved the situation quite a bit.

I also saw that Meguiar's NXT wax filled in some of the swirls.

Only way to minimize new swirls is to wash the car yourself. I have been thinking of getting Optimum no-rinse wash for the winter. Has anyone used it on a CX-5?

What do you guys think of Turtle Wax? The first wax I ever used (only used it once on my wheels so far).

What do you guys think of Turtle Wax? The first wax I ever used (only used it once on my wheels so far).

Better than Armour All, worse than Meguair's (inout)
I'm a Meguair's person, all exterior and interior is cared for by their products

Back