How much to widen the stance with new rims?

:
2014 CX-5
I'm upgrading to a set of All Terrain 245 65 17 tires and am getting new wheels to go with them. 17" x 8" wheels to be exact.

My questions is the ones I have my eyes on are available in both 45mm offset and 32mm offset. The 45mm offset would widen the stance about 15mm on each side from stock, and the 32mm would then widen it about 28mm, or just barely over 1". The inside clearance would shrink with the 45mm but only about 5mm and based on other member's experiences would not be an issue.

I've seen some posts about spacers and such, so could anyone give opinions or pictures on how wide to go? Would the 1" be too much? These are aggressive looking all terrain tires too, so take that into account. Thanks

Really depends on the look your going for but I would do the 45 offset. I have 8.5" et45 and it is just about flush. Another forum member on here has those same tire size (falken wildpeak at I believe) with 17x8 45 offset and think it looks awesome.

Really depends on the look your going for but I would do the 45 offset. I have 8.5" et45 and it is just about flush. Another forum member on here has those same tire size (falken wildpeak at I believe) with 17x8 45 offset and think it looks awesome.

Awesome, do you know who it is or a possible link to a thread with pictures? Would love to see pictures. Or even a side profile pic of your setup!

P.S. I was going to go with the falken just like about everyone else on here, but saved around $60 going with the Kumho road venture AT51's instead. It was kind of a toss up between the two so the $$ won.

I have pictures on my build thread. SoulArmored CX5 Build in this forum. Here is the setup I was talking about and it does list it as 35 not 45 so I stand corrected but mine are 45 but .5" wider rims.

Username: thejeans

Back