How much did you pay for your car?

LilMissGS3

:
2005 Titanium Grey Mazda 3 GS
I'm paranoid that I'm getting taken advantage of.

I'm young(20) and Im a girl. Dont know nothin about cars, period.

I think I'm paying close to 24 000$ for my car:

GS model
Titanium Gray
Air Cond.
Auto.
power package.

Sound unreasonable? Should they be giving me a "deal" on the car? Or selling me it for what they're supposed to. I've been told that I should ask them to give me a deal on it.

Also, one dealership said they'll sell me the car for 600$ less than the dealership I went to on Thursday. So what do I do about that? Ask them to throw some stuff in or lower the price?

Advice please? Im new at this.

I think you might be paying too much.

I got mine (GT/GFX, Manual) for 25,500.

Which dealership did you go to?

If they are offering you $600 less, see what it might cost you to go into the GT model. For all the options you're looking at, they are included in the GT.

I'm going to the dealership in Sherwood park.

They're not giving me any deals whatsoever.

You know what, your right that I could get the GT for that price.........

Hmmm........why wouldnt they tell me that?

Im confused.

Can I still change it, and still be approved?

k I'm phoning the 2 different dealerships, one to ask what the difference would be for a GT model(you get a shitload more stuff, and only a 2K difference).

Then, I'm going to ask them what kind of a deal they'll give me on the car if I go there.........

Sound ok?

Dealers are in it for one purpose:money. maybe they care about having satisfied customers or whatnot, but $$ is their #1 priority. so:

Have'em fight for your business........

Dealership "A" won't give you any deal
Dealership "B", is 600 cheaper.....

tell Dealer A about dealer B's price....
Dealer A will most probably go and 'talk to his manager' then come back and tell you that they'll knock off a grand, beating dealer B's price by 400. so you go back to dealer B and tell him what Dealer A has done for you. when dealer B offers to drop another 500, tell them to make it an even grand, and you'll drive off in the car. you've saved 1600 bucks.

Or you can play the good-guy/bad-guy routine.
walk in with your boyfriend/aunt/mom/dad. basically anyone who the dealer will percieve as having a decent amount of influence over your decisions. My wife plays the Bad-guy role pretty good. so the bad guy says "it's not worth it" but the dealer sees you want it, so they lower the price or throw in stuff to get the Bad-guy to say "ok, buy the car" to the Good-guy.

you have to strong-arm and use tactics like these, cause believe me, THEY are using them on YOU. Fight back, and get the car YOU want for the price you want to pay for it.

BTW I don't like car dealers...... (nuts)

Last edited:
ok so I go back and forth between the two telling them of eachothers offers.

Whichever one wants my business will continue to lower their price..

In all honestly, how much should I be paying for a automatic GT?

I have gone there, thats how I took it for a test drive and got approved LoL.....

im not stupid ya know.

I dont know about Canada but in the US a similar model goes for around 18-20k U.S. $. Don't know what that translates to in canadian money.

There's 3 dealerships that I know of in Edmonton alone...

Jarman Mazda just off of 97th and Yellowhead
Weber Mazda on Calgary Trail
and
Sundance Mazda on 179th close to Stony Plain Road

I really hope you ain't dealing with Weber, because they're a buncha jack-asses.

Jarman and Sundance are really good. Maybe call all 4 (including Sherwood Park)and see what they can do for you.

Automatic GT should run you 25k by my guesstimate. I say this because I paid 25.5k for my Manual with the GFX package. GFX package and Automatic are both about $1000. But the GT will have all the features you were planning to get for your GS anyways.

I'm sure if you can talk your way down to 24k.

I'm going through Park Mazda, and had another quote from Leduc.

The dealership said they have the exact car I want, but with the sport package coming in a.s.a.p. So I decided to go with that.

I can afford the payments, so whatever.

It'll be the same price(including tax) as the original one I wanted(without tax)......

LilMissGS3 said:
I'm going to the dealership in Sherwood park.

They're not giving me any deals whatsoever.

You know what, your right that I could get the GT for that price.........

Hmmm........why wouldnt they tell me that?

Im confused.

Can I still change it, and still be approved?
Ya I went to Weber but alot of people on the club goto Jarman. I think so far they give the best price!

I went to Weber, and they treated me like dirt. So I got mine from Sundance. Much better service and price.

Manny Fresh said:
I went to Weber, and they treated me like dirt. So I got mine from Sundance. Much better service and price.
I got a 3s out the door with all the options except the Navigation for $22,281 basically they dropped a total of $600 off for me. They are in high demand and only had two in the state and one was already sold.

I got mine for $22,880 (costco deal minus 500, 200 over invoice)

I got the 5 door, 3.2S, all the moldings spoilers, xeons, navigation, 6 disc, homelink, moonroof, cargo mat, pearl gas cap, 17s, winning blue. I waited 3.5 months for it because I ordered it with everything on it. Finally it came...well worth the wait. And I just got the windows tinted....aw yeah!

9df26caa-04e5-475a-9251-8cd1f30a43e9

Last edited:
You guys have to keep in mind that Canadian Mazda dealers don't get kickbacks, holdbacks, or dealer rebates like the U.S. dealers do. So they actually have to make a profit selling there cars or they go out of business.

Freight and Tax included?

firedancein4life, you've got a great car!!! love the blue and the red Mazda3 Sport!!! :) does the $22,880 include freight & GST?

LilMissGS3, i'm in the same boat. can't make up my mind about getting a 2004 Mazda3 or wait for the 2005 one. :p

btw, anyone know about the price for calgary? which dealership is better? please help!!! thanks a bunch! (^_^)!

Well I've decided to go with a 2005 instead.

I actually had major drama with the dealership in SP, decided not to go with them and they refused to give me back my deposit!!!They treated us like crap, and tried to force me to buy the car now when I told them 6 times I wanted it in October. They were so RUDE! So I told them that we were extremely upset with their service and that there would be no way I'd give them my business and that I'd give some other dealership my 24k......LMAO..!!!!!!FH was PISSED to say the least, so we went to the one in Leduc and the guy there was sooooooooooooo great! They treated us like adults, and said "dont worry we'll get back your deposit and the guy at SP will be looking for a new job" (omg) .....Anyways, I decided to go with an 05' that will be here beginning of October, exactly when I want it and with the windows tinted and a spoiler at cost...I think I'm paying around 24, 800........

Back