How much did everyone pay?

Hi guys, I'd just like to have an idea of what everyone paid for their MSP. If you don't mind pls give the following info:

Out the door price (MSRP + tax, tag, dealer fees etc.)
Color MSP
Where and when you bought it.

I paid $18955.32 (after tax, tag, title) for my Titanium MSP on August 7th in West Palm Beach, FL.

Last edited:
The total amount (including tax, title, fees, gap insurance, finance charges, etc., etc., EVERYTHING except auto insurance):

$376 x 60 = $22,560

Not too bad for a total, all-inclusive cost IMO.

wat should i offer my dealer for a 2003.5 blue speed? do you think they will even let me go lower then the listed sticker price..

oh ye i got my mp3 for 15250 total with 26,000miles.. it was goin for 149 and i workd them to 14

nocar, yes that was on a brand new MSP. I didn't purchase Gap insurance though and the price shown doesn't include auto insurance or finance charges. I put down $1000 so I financed $17995 at 3.75% ($301 for 66 months). I managed to talk them out of charging me for dealer fees ($587) and they also include Theft Guard at $399 that doesn't show up on the invoice but I got that off as well. I also qualified for $2250 worth of rebates ($1500 cash back on the MSP, $500 off for my set college graduation date of 12/2003, and $250 off for participation on the Mazda Rev it Up nationwide racing competition).

Larone said:
nocar, yes that was on a brand new MSP. I didn't purchase Gap insurance though and the price shown doesn't include auto insurance or finance charges. I put down $1000 so I financed $17995 at 3.75% ($301 for 66 months). I managed to talk them out of charging me for dealer fees ($587) and they also include Theft Guard at $399 that doesn't show up on the invoice but I got that off as well. I also qualified for $2250 worth of rebates ($1500 cash back on the MSP, $500 off for my set college graduation date of 12/2003, and $250 off for participation on the Mazda Rev it Up nationwide racing competition).

No gap insurance?? You crazy? You do know that if your car gets totaled, the insurance company will only give you a check for the current value of the car...which will be less than what you still owe on it if you financed for more than 48 months. Without gap insurance, you're responsible for the difference!

http://www.newcarbuyingtips.com/extended_warranty_car_accessory/aftergap.htm

I paid 176XX.XX for my brandnew MsP # 1421 out the door in december and thats cause my wife works there..... Some salesman where she works at here in LA say that they are letting them go for around 17-18 now

Hey seatbackfurther:

Haven't seen you around San Antonio yet. Where'd you buy the car? I live in the medical center area. You?

jersey_emt, like goonsquad, I think gap insurance is a ripoff, just like extended warranties. I'm fresh out of a 9 month arbitration with Western general warranty for their declining to cover my Eclipse GST when my thermostat got stuck and the engine blew. I ended up losing the case and fixed it out of my pocket - then 3 months later the car got stolen and now I'm with a MSP.
Spoon, I bought mine at City Place Mazda. My price before taxes was $17020 (from $21000) so I think I did well. I only managed that after calling two other dealers from my cell phone in front of the sales manager and then telling him they offered better and I was leaving (a lie of course)..he then offered me that deal.

$18,000 even was the final price. I didn't get most of those insurance thingies.... got a friend of the family who works at Farmers.

Back