How many miles for a tree.....

Hmmm...

So by your rant and logic we shouldn't do anything to reduce emissions???
Of course not. Just saying we have much bigger fish to fry. No need to rail against people who aren't fans of iStop, or people that like tuning thier cars.

can I just tell you to just **** right off?

Well you just did by the looks of things. I got melodramatic very big red writing for far less than that but as you are encouraged to swear it might not matter for you especially when it would have to come from the person that made the inane comment in the first place

So many bigger issues at play then cars. .

Global experts and legislators must have it wrong then.

don't get annoyed at anyone because they don't like istop. [emoji7]

I’m not. I find making a throw away comment about disabling a fuel and emission saving device just because it saves somebody waiting 4/10 of a second before they hammer it to the next set of lights utterly ridiculous. It won’t stop the ones that have made their minds up including you.

As for your statistics, I did say nothing special to be gained but it isn’t just about saving fuel, its about saving vast quantities of breathable air too. These savings are virtually free but any cost is outweighed by the principle. Just to put the matter right as I was using a low figure so as not to exaggerate the point, I checked mine tonight and this is the result. After 1871 miles, the car has saved 24.3 miles worth of fuel based on the whole life average. If I do a rough projection to the 9000 miles the last one did (I don’t know where you got 2 years from), its roughly 117 miles. Thats a 117 miles for the sake of letting an installed system do its job and certain people are happy to disable it to save 4/10 of a second. Thats what irritates me, that selfish mindset.

IMG_4591.jpg

IMG_4590.jpg

Don't worry Anchorman. People who have to resort to swearing to put their point across have already lost the argument and make themselves look childish and a fool.

Global experts and legislators must have it wrong then.
That cars are not the #1 cause of Climate Change? Because that's exactly what experts say. As far as what legislators say, well they will say whatever a lobbyist tells them to say so not sure why you'd put ANY stock into what they say. ;)
O wait.. you aren't in the US. Could be different where you are. :D

I’m not. I find making a throw away comment about disabling a fuel and emission saving device just because it saves somebody waiting 4/10 of a second before they hammer it to the next set of lights utterly ridiculous.
And I think telling people not to tune their cars because it's wasteful utterly ridiculous.

It won’t stop the ones that have made their minds up including you.
Again, just a friendly debate bro. If I was pissed or annoyed I obviously wouldn't have asked you to **** right off... with respects. My mind is made up that if someone wants to tune their car they should. If they don't like iStop or whatever companies call it, that's fine.
Each to their own.
I already said am I NOT anti this technology. I also don't tune.

If I do a rough projection to the 9000 miles the last one did (I don’t know where you got 2 years from), its roughly 117 miles.
Actually not sure where I got 2 years from either. My bad.

Thats a 117 miles for the sake of letting an installed system do its job and certain people are happy to disable it to save 4/10 of a second. Thats what irritates me, that selfish mindset.
I certainly get being irritated by others, too. LOL

Jonno21 said:
Don't worry Anchorman. People who have to resort to swearing to put their point across have already lost the argument and make themselves look childish and a fool.

First of all, Anchorman I can promise you, isn't "worried". I kind of consider the people that have been here for more then 2 years my 'almost friends'. Even Unobtanium, that annoying cousin who lives out on a farm.
When I am speaking with my real friends? Yea, we swear some times. I live in Ohio. We swear a lot in Ohio. Like #1 in the USA according to this:
https://www.npr.org/2013/12/15/250727948/oh-my-ohio-five-states-named-most-likely-to-curse

2nd: Did I 'resort' to swearing to make my point? No. I swore, with respect, at my friend. Like I would with my real friends. ("The Browns might win 8 games this year? No ******* way!")
To emphasize "Hey, I'm a tree hugger" in a funny way and I then went on to succinctly, I believe, make my point.
If I was mad and using it in anger I would have simply said "F YOU". Come on now. It takes a lot to get me angry. Not some rando posting on a website from someone I respect.

MUCH LOVE FRIENDS. And **** off. (wiggle)

Last edited:
No, I do not like to fight.
But then I am not an english native speaker, so I eventually misunderstand you. Sorry for that!
Besides, what do you mean with your subscript "be a man and pay the hopital bills"? Do you mean a hospital?

No, I do not like to fight.
But then I am not an english native speaker, so I eventually misunderstand you. Sorry for that!
Besides, what do you mean with your subscript "be a man and pay the hopital bills"? Do you mean a hospital?
I was just joking. Fight me 1 v 1 is kind of a joke on online forums - specially I heard it in World of Tanks forums. I mean no harm.

I meant hospital.

I wouldn't want iStop for the same reasons I don't want any of that fancy schmancy tech crap and nannies in the newer CX-5s.

That cars are not the #1 cause of Climate Change? Because that's exactly what experts say. As far as what legislators say, well they will say whatever a lobbyist tells them to say so not sure why you'd put ANY stock into what they say. ;)
O wait.. you aren't in the US. Could be different where you are. :D

And I think telling people not to tune their cars because it's wasteful utterly ridiculous.

Again, just a friendly debate bro. If I was pissed or annoyed I obviously wouldn't have asked you to **** right off... with respects. My mind is made up that if someone wants to tune their car they should. If they don't like iStop or whatever companies call it, that's fine.
Each to their own.
I already said am I NOT anti this technology. I also don't tune.

Actually not sure where I got 2 years from either. My bad.

I certainly get being irritated by others, too. LOL

First of all, Anchorman I can promise you, isn't "worried". I kind of consider the people that have been here for more then 2 years my 'almost friends'. Even Unobtanium, that annoying cousin who lives out on a farm.
When I am speaking with my real friends? Yea, we swear some times. I live in Ohio. We swear a lot in Ohio. Like #1 in the USA according to this:
https://www.npr.org/2013/12/15/250727948/oh-my-ohio-five-states-named-most-likely-to-curse

2nd: Did I 'resort' to swearing to make my point? No. I swore, with respect, at my friend. Like I would with my real friends. ("The Browns might win 8 games this year? No ******* way!")
To emphasize "Hey, I'm a tree hugger" in a funny way and I then went on to succinctly, I believe, make my point.
If I was mad and using it in anger I would have simply said "F YOU". Come on now. It takes a lot to get me angry. Not some rando posting on a website from someone I respect.

MUCH LOVE FRIENDS. And **** off. (wiggle)

All points taken ;-)

I end up leaving it on in my VW as it’s fast and seamless. If I’m not really paying attention to it I don’t really notice. Our Mazda doesn’t have it.

Now on the BMW rental I had recently it juddered and I could see someone not liking that.

I was surprised how many people I had conversations with after I bought the VW that said they wouldn’t like that feature when it came up even though they’d never experienced it in any car. Even people that otherwise like to be green. I really don’t get it.

Back