How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Done similar myself with a Passat. Fortunately (if that is the right word) I noticed it as I holstered the filler, so I didn't start the engine. Sadly had to pay for a full tank of petrol, then had to sit in the car on a busy forecourt for an hour (sat in the passenger seat, but still had funny looks from other drivers who pulled in behind me thinking the car would move soon) to await the rescue service who towed me to my dealership.

Hope all goes well for you, and do keep us updated.

Alex

Will do Alex, everything is crossed at the moment... :(

Tip of the day, don't fill your diesel CX5 with unleaded, they don't like it :(

got about 3 miles along the M27 and thought it was running a bit rough, after 4 miles it was doing a full kangaroo. thought to myself, it was running fine before I filled up - then I looked at the receipt, really didn't want to see UNLEADED on it - I'd driven it with about 47 litres of Petrol to about 5 litres of diesel in the tank.

Mazda can't look at it until Friday, hope I get away with just a fuel flush.

Easily done if your mind is elsewhere. Recently started filling the CX and was thinking what a low price the diesel was at that particular station when the penny dropped as to why. Fortunately ended up with a tank of only 4 litres petrol and the rest diesel. Managed to get away with it but tend to be more careful now.

Just returned from dealer after satnav update. SD card changed (now on version 10.852) and "system reprogrammed" - now OS 1440787.

Seems to start up quicker, but dealer couldn't say for sure that this would fix the crash problem I've experienced - fingers crossed!

As a rule 10% wrong fuel mix and you can get away with out damage but seen it to many times where diesel is a lubricant by running petrol in system stuffs the seals in the pump

As a rule 10% wrong fuel mix and you can get away with out damage but seen it to many times where diesel is a lubricant by running petrol in system stuffs the seals in the pump

That's what I'm afraid of mate, the long wait before I find out is not good for the soul, especially as they don't have a courtesy car either!

Well I had my first service Tuesday, and today took it back level was around 6mm above full, in fact it looked in exactly the same place as when I took it in, just that the oil was a little cleaner.

Not even an apology for a return visit, I had the call and collect service so couldn't check the level like I normally do before paying.

Hi folks

Newbie to the forum. I drive the bertie basic Petrol CX-5. It's my first Mazda and I'm completely smitten by it.

Had the car since Sept 13, done around 13k miles and now coming up to first year service. No real issues with the car (apart from other muppets running into it!!)

Wondering if anyone can give me a steer on (a) how much you paid / I should expect to cough up for a first year service, and (b) a point in the direction of any info on what are the key elements of the service?

Cheers!
Mick

I found the GK group the cheapest.

Its a very expensive oil and filter change mine was around 179.
To be fair the oil would be a cost to me of around 50, so its around 1.5 hours labour, the labour costs at GK were around 90 per hour.
My supplying dealer Sandicliffe Nottingham were around 215, so I when with GK 5 miles away at Worksop, now Ford only but on the list for Mazda service.

All the above is for the diesel, so I would expect the petrol to be cheaper, let us know what you get charged.
If I recall correctly "dad of john" paid around 150 for a diesel service, but in Wales!

199 for me. Mazda servicing does appear pricier than most similar brands. They quoted me 880 for a 3 year package (told them to get stuffed) whilst friends with Hyundais and Kias of a similar ilk seem to be quoted less than 500 for the same sort of deal.

Tip of the day, don't fill your diesel CX5 with unleaded, they don't like it :(

got about 3 miles along the M27 and thought it was running a bit rough, after 4 miles it was doing a full kangaroo. thought to myself, it was running fine before I filled up - then I looked at the receipt, really didn't want to see UNLEADED on it - I'd driven it with about 47 litres of Petrol to about 5 litres of diesel in the tank.

Mazda can't look at it until Friday, hope I get away with just a fuel flush.

Well, I got away with it. 360 later the car is back and wording fine; no mention of this affecting my warranty either. PHEW!

I'm sure I wouldn't be idiot enough to do it again but I was the first time around so have also invested in one of these https://www.solodiesel.co.uk/

To be fair the oil would be a cost to me of around 50, so its around 1.5 hours labour, the labour costs at GK were around 90 per hour.
My supplying dealer Sandicliffe Nottingham were around 215, so I when with GK 5 miles away at Worksop, now Ford only but on the list for Mazda service.

All the above is for the diesel, so I would expect the petrol to be cheaper, let us know what you get charged.
If I recall correctly "dad of john" paid around 150 for a diesel service, but in Wales!

Thank you - going to shop around the local dealers. I bought from Phoenix but we have Arnold Clark Group up here (also trading as Machargs) so there's a few to play with. Will post quotes from each!

Last edited:
199 for me. Mazda servicing does appear pricier than most similar brands. They quoted me 880 for a 3 year package (told them to get stuffed) whilst friends with Hyundais and Kias of a similar ilk seem to be quoted less than 500 for the same sort of deal.

I had a similar experience & told them where to go - was quoted something like 750 for the package. Pretty sure Arnold Clark were doing a package for CX-5 sub 500.

I had a similar experience & told them where to go - was quoted something like 750 for the package. Pretty sure Arnold Clark were doing a package for CX-5 sub 500.

Yes, I got 3 years for 499 when I purchased my CX-5......

Yes, I got 3 years for 499 when I purchased my CX-5......

Yes, that's the key. When I questioned this with my dealer he told me it was a limited time offer subsidised by Mazda UK and only when purchased with a new CX5. ie. It's not available retrospectively to people who already own a CX5.

We purchased a service pack with my wife's new Renault Captur earlier this year, 4 years for 299!!!!!

141.09 on the 12th Jan. I was pleased with that. However my other half's Daihatsu Sirion's air con has failed, around 500 to fix that. What you gain in one hand...........

Well picked my Soul Red 2.2 148 up yesterday - up to Oxford this morning to get the paint protected - will try and get some photos uploaded.

Really pleasure to drive it home yesterday - although panic about some random car driving into me wasn't great ;)

Well picked my Soul Red 2.2 148 up yesterday - up to Oxford this morning to get the paint protected - will try and get some photos uploaded.

Really pleasure to drive it home yesterday - although panic about some random car driving into me wasn't great ;)

even though my last car had a high(ish) driving position, I find I see more suspect driving when in the cx5 than when I drive my other half's car. The car also seems to pick up quicker than most cars around so i leave a little more time for the car in front to drive away at lights as i soon catch up.

I'm quite jealous of the soul red colour , nice choice it's awesome.

Will get some pictures up in a bit - but first 330 miles to Oxford and Back - some stop start on motorway, mostly 60-70 - got back home to an average of 57.2mpg according to car - simply blown away but the fuel efficiency :)

Back