How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Suspect this is a Dutch programme for the NL they also use 0800 number for Toll free numbers, and Van der Velden is quite possibly from there I think, or I'm a Dutchman.

That said I would expect that the UK will see a similar programme.

Updated to say that I just tried the 0800 number which here is for a Shell Petroleum Breakdown service. So definitely not for Mazda UK.

Last edited:
Suspect this is a Dutch programme for the NL they also use 0800 number for Toll free numbers, and Van der Velden is quite possibly from there I think, or I'm a Dutchman.

That said I would expect that the UK will see a similar programme.

Updated to say that I just tried the 0800 number which here is for a Shell Petroleum Breakdown service. So definitely not for Mazda UK.

Makes sense, plus there are no on-going TomTom issues I'm aware of at the moment (says he guardedly). There are other matters regards on the later ones that music does not restart from where it left off, but not Tomtom related of course. Never thought to try the number myself, so thanks for doing so.

Alex

Hopefully getting my Car back on Wednesday. Saw it today. A sorry sight I must say. In pieces (the car, not me)! Passenger seat out, Glovebox out, lots of dash trims out, wires hanging everywhere, carpet up. I hope it goes back together ok. (sad2)

Hopefully getting my Car back on Wednesday. Saw it today. A sorry sight I must say. In pieces (the car, not me)! Passenger seat out, Glovebox out, lots of dash trims out, wires hanging everywhere, carpet up. I hope it goes back together ok. (sad2)

I would have taken pictures, sort of thing you think about after you get home.

Not that I need any yet - but just had a browse to check tyre prices.
I'm on the standard 19's, and can't find any 225/55/19 tyres in stock anywhere (not tried Mazda dealer).
Anyone had issues replacing a damaged tyre, or done enough miles to replace a set yet?

Not that I need any yet - but just had a browse to check tyre prices.
I'm on the standard 19's, and can't find any 225/55/19 tyres in stock anywhere (not tried Mazda dealer).
Anyone had issues replacing a damaged tyre, or done enough miles to replace a set yet?

Surely mytyres.co.uk will have stock?

Also try camskill. If I needed new tyres today I'd go for 235/55/19 - looking at camskill's website there are more choice in this size (speedometer will be more accurate) and the noise levels are very low. Michelin Latitude Tour 69dB. I see that Pirelli also make a 225/55/19 and 235/55/19 in there Scorpion Verde range.

Why do you say speedo will be more accurate, surely the optimum size is the 225/55/19 and a wider tyre with the same aspect ratio will result in a slightly different rolling circumference. In fact a 235/55 tyre will be 6mm higher from the rim and 12mm overall diameter larger so all tyres would have to be changed and the speedo would be out.

Last edited:
Why do you say speedo will be more accurate, surely the optimum size is the 225/55/19 and a wider tyre with the same aspect ratio will result in a slightly different rolling circumference. In fact a 235/55 tyre will be 6mm higher from the rim and 12mm overall diameter larger so all tyres would have to be changed and the speedo would be out.

Plus One

Hi I am new to this forum and this is the first time I have posted on a forum
I have had my CX5 for two weeks now and it is performing as expected.
I have been looking for some extras to help protect the interior and exterior paintwork of my car.
These include rubber floor mats with raised edges to prevent water and mud from spilling out.
Sill guards that are not to blingy including a matching rear bumper protector.
Last weekend I was at a friends farm and the car got rather muddy. While washing it I looked at the door sills and inner door section that covers the sill and there was quite a build-up of grime in this area. I was not expecting to see as my last car a Volvo S60 never looked in this state this after coming away from the farm.

Usually most speedos under read. If one assumes that the sat nav provides an accurate reading of speed. The speedometer does under read. Running these tyres with their small increase in radius give a more accurate speedometer reading.

Usually most speedos under read. If one assumes that the sat nav provides an accurate reading of speed. The speedometer does under read. Running these tyres with their small increase in radius give a more accurate speedometer reading.

Actually, that will make it worse (larger diameter will mean more distance per revolution, thus higher actual speed). You would need to reduce the diameter of the tires to match.

Three reasons not to fit wider tyres, more side spray which is already quite bad.
And the insurance needs to be notified, its a modification.

And reduced economy due to heavier wheels, may also affect handling?

My last car only had 215 wide tyres on and was fine, also very little side spray and good in snow, cheap too at 130 for Dunlop sp20.
cheaper versions at 80.

Actually, that will make it worse (larger diameter will mean more distance per revolution, thus higher actual speed). You would need to reduce the diameter of the tires to match.

Which is why skinny low profile tyres are fitted in larger diameter wheels, and/or visa-versa. Keeps the rolling distance the same and doesn't effect management systems within the car.

Alex

Hi Guys
Newby with second post in two days. Had the car two weeks with only 400 miles on the clock out trying to up the mileage to above 600 so I can start towing as per the book. Type pressure warning light and heavy rumbling from the rear end. Inspected the tyre and there is a very large object imbedded in the nearside tyre. As I was only around the corner from a Mazda dealers in North Tyneside I called in, to be told that the parts department was closed until Monday morning and was directed to a nearby tyre centre North Eastern Tyres and Exhaust. Their fitter informed me that the tyre is unrepairable object over 6mm. Call up my recovery company Green Flag and was recovered to my home address. I have tried the all local national repairers all helpful but no stock held in branch and will check on Monday for you sir.
My questions are does anyone know if there is any Toyo 225/55/19 R36 tyres available in the UK? As this is my first SUV is it ok to mix brands on the same axle?

Save the tyre and see if a vulcanised repair can be done.

The manual says to keep the same type tyres on the same axle, I think!

If towing you should be looking at a full size spare, or have the problem youre in now?
I have a alloy and tyre that's a copy of whats OE. But you do have to use builder foam to pack up the boot, you need at least 40mm.

There is someone who posted earlier to check mytyres.

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rs...rd&Label=C-C-69-2&details=Ordern&typ=R-223337

Thanks Xtrailman. I will be doing that with the old tyre but need to find where I can get it done around here. Looked through the manual and it does say keep same brand and tread pattern. Had two quotes for replacement Toyo tyres 170 fully fitted. Where did you get your copy alloy from or I may just get a steel rim and cheap spare get me home tyre for emergencies like this. Looking forward to hitching up the caravan soon.

I purchased a steel space saver from Mazda.
It comes with replacement black polystyrene surrounds which ensures that it fits correctly in the wheel well.

Back