How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Hi all, 1st post :)

I'm close to ordering a new company car and at the moment the CX5 was top of my list. Demo coming for a week from the 17th.

I was just wondering is the radio DAB? It doesn't seem to say so in the brochure so I'm assuming it's not. That is one thing I'll miss a lot if so seeing as I only listen to Talk Sport and Absoloute 80's lol.

Thanks for that. I'm a massive music lover myself so the iPod / USB stick will definately be going everywhere with me as always.

I just found 2-3 of the portable ones like you posted. It looks like you can plug it in an aux socket and it'll play through the car speakers. It won't be as good as a built in unit obviously but it'd be better than nothing.

Should just ask as well. I'll be going for the 2.2 SE-L AWD if I have one. What sort of fuel figures are you guys getting? If it won't do 40 ish mpg with a mixture of pootling around and some harder driving it could get ruled out.

Thanks for that. I'm a massive music lover myself so the iPod / USB stick will definately be going everywhere with me as always.

I just found 2-3 of the portable ones like you posted. It looks like you can plug it in an aux socket and it'll play through the car speakers. It won't be as good as a built in unit obviously but it'd be better than nothing.

Should just ask as well. I'll be going for the 2.2 SE-L AWD if I have one. What sort of fuel figures are you guys getting? If it won't do 40 ish mpg with a mixture of pootling around and some harder driving it could get ruled out.

I don't do short journeys or constant low speed crawls in rush hour traffic, as warned about in the manual but regulary do a 6 or7 mile commute and get 45-50 or around 55 on the motorway at 70. I have the 2wd version.

you should get 40 easy unless you travel at warp speed everywhere :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Genuine Mazda CX-5 OEM 19" set of wheels with TOYO tyres available for those UK owners looking to upgrade to the Sport wheels:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123828816-19-quot-cx-5-wheels-toyo-oem-tyres-As-new-Uk

We've just got the 2.2 Sport 2WD and are getting around 55mpg at the moment. My wife tends to drive with a heavy right foot, so I've told her the engine needs bedding in for the first couple thousand miles. So far nobody has put her right. (Yes, I know a bedding is a preferred option, but I've told her not to drive over 70 - so far she's sticking to it).

As for DAB - it's a point I've raised with Mazda UK (along with complete lack of roof rails). No response as yet.

Cheers

D

My Oil level has finally hit the X ! I know its a visit to the dealers but what's the fix? and do they charge?

My Oil level has finally hit the X ! I know its a visit to the dealers but what's the fix? and do they charge?

How many miles? If you feel premature I guess you will be getting in touch with Mazda customer service.

Is that the X with the A,B, or C dipstick, and what miles did you do to get there?

I have just had mine in the dealer for a change of dipstick and a software upgrade. Had to wait a while because there was a later version of the software coming out - it was done under warranty. I was also advised that it would need to go back in for the exhaust sensor to be changed - not had the problem with this yet but good to see that Mazda are being a bit proactive.

Possibly, but mazda have claimed that the incorrect dip stick had been fitted to the originals cars, the X is higher on the later cars, I believe.
Surly if the oil has reached the X mark there is a fault even if it is due for a service. ! ?

Possibly, but mazda have claimed that the incorrect dip stick had been fitted to the originals cars, the X is higher on the later cars, I believe.
Quote Originally Posted by ColinX-5 View Post
Surly if the oil has reached the X mark there is a fault even if it is due for a service. ! ?

I think you fellows are missing the point , if you start of with the oil level below the X mark and x miles later it is on the X mark then something has gone wrong ? if the oil level moves it should be down. By the way I do not claim to know how a engine works, but this oil rise thing seems like the goal post are being widened in order to get the right result.

It went in today and now has the "C" dipstick. A software update and some new sensor in the exhaust. Here's to more happy motoring.

Back