How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Towing economy of 34mpg is very good. Is it still the Unicorn you are towing? I will be towing my 1300kg Bailey Olympus with CX5 for the first time next week and don't expect as good economy as engine only done 700 miles. Any advice on tyre pressures for towing??
Well I've just returned from a tour where I got around 34mpg going towing a 1565kg caravan.
Coming back it was down to around 27mpg due to a DPF burn, just shows what the car is capable of if it doesn't have a DPF, I realised a DPF burn was on when the average readout dropped to just over 20mpg at the start of the return journey.

Towing economy of 34mpg is very good. Is it still the Unicorn you are towing? I will be towing my 1300kg Bailey Olympus with CX5 for the first time next week and don't expect as good economy as engine only done 700 miles. Any advice on tyre pressures for towing??

I have 38psi in the front and around 40psi in the rear.
Yes i'm towing a 1565kg Unicorn without effort, its also very stable with a nose weight of 80-88kg.

The 34mpg so far is a first, previous best was 29mpg, to get the 34mpg I was running on the A57 and A1, but only travelled at 50mph to 60mph on the A1, and if there was any wind, it must have been favourable.

I also towed originally with only 200 miles up. And didn't bother to run the engine in just drove as normal.

Last edited:
Two new faults in the last 3 weeks

Hi all just wanted to share on the forum my CX5 and two new faults
1, I noticed steering wheel shake when braking on motorway booked in and had discs machined and pads replaced under warranty car has just over 12k
2, car booked in next week on the way to London noticed in gear 6 vibration and noise through gear stick will update next week.

Oh missed that.

Not very good for only 12K, just hope its an isolated problem.

Hi all just wanted to share on the forum my CX5 and two new faults
1, I noticed steering wheel shake when braking on motorway booked in and had discs machined and pads replaced under warranty car has just over 12k
2, car booked in next week on the way to London noticed in gear 6 vibration and noise through gear stick will update next week.

Gareth45, i have vibration in the gearstick in 6th gear when accelerating between 2,000 and 2,250 rpm. Have had it in to local dealer in Derby where they 'tightened a bush' which got rid of it for about a month and was looked at again by dealer in Cumbria as part of my 50,000 mile service, said they couldnt see what was causing it but they had the whole gearstick assembly in pieces and greased anyway, but it returned again after a couple of weeks.
I first noticed it whilst driving to the South of France last summer but it doesn't bother me too much.

WNJ
Thanks for the heads up seems it's not going to be fixable from dealer so will take a look my self will see if I can manufacture upgrade on CNC machine did you have better description of offending part or will it be obvious.

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been covered, but anyone know if it's possible to modify the CX5 door mirrors electrics in some way so they auto fold when the car is locked? I see there is a thread in the 'accessories' area on this subject but I'm only interested in the UK version.

Thanks.

WNJ
Thanks for the heads up seems it's not going to be fixable from dealer so will take a look my self will see if I can manufacture upgrade on CNC machine did you have better description of offending part or will it be obvious.

I was literally told "the guys tightened a bush" the first time. The second time they couldn't see anything that was causing the vibration but had the whole thing apart, cleaned and re-greased to see if that'd work which it did for 2 weeks, then came back, but admittedly not as loud as it was originally which helps!

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been covered, but anyone know if it's possible to modify the CX5 door mirrors electrics in some way so they auto fold when the car is locked? I see there is a thread in the 'accessories' area on this subject but I'm only interested in the UK version.

Thanks.

I enquired over a year ago and was told 'no'. Today, I've booked it in for a service and asked again and was told they can be made to fold and unfold on locking and unlocking the car. I will be able to let you know after its service whether they really could (early July).
It is a glaring omission if they can't as you want to be able to use the mirror with the engine off to look behind, down the road, just before opening the door and getting out.

Hello all

I've had the first service of my CX-5 today and been told it will need a new SD card 'as part of a recall', which I'll need to go back for when the new one is in stock. Any ideas what this fixes??

Thanks in advance

Hello all

I've had the first service of my CX-5 today and been told it will need a new SD card 'as part of a recall', which I'll need to go back for when the new one is in stock. Any ideas what this fixes??

Thanks in advance

Hi Fimo

I've had this fix last week. If you have an 8GB SD card for the navigation they will replace it with a 4GB version with the latest maps as at November 2013. Unfortunately you lose your favourites unless you have backed up the existing SD card on your computer. This smaller card seemed to fix my greyed out tabs for Bluetooth and USB functions which both stopped working about 3 weeks ago. Allegedly, the larger card "confuses" the unit when trying to access it for navigation. (How true this actually is I don't know). This also fixed their Mazda 6 demonstrator with the same problem which luckily appeared to make the dealer more proactive in fixing mine. They also keep your old SD card which I presume is returned to Mazda to prove that the fix has been applied?

Jonno21

Take a look here http://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/accessories/mazda-cx-5/2011-11/comfort-utility/C850V7650/ this is Mazda.co.uk website online - dealer fit accessories - auto folding mirror unit for CX 5 - Accessory for power folding mirrors. Automatically folds and unfolds the door side mirrors. 66.52

Ordered that with the new cx5's - dealer fitting for free as just needs plugging into the circuit.

I enquired over a year ago and was told 'no'. Today, I've booked it in for a service and asked again and was told they can be made to fold and unfold on locking and unlocking the car. I will be able to let you know after its service whether they really could (early July).
It is a glaring omission if they can't as you want to be able to use the mirror with the engine off to look behind, down the road, just before opening the door and getting out.

OK, thanks, I'd be very interested to hear.
BTW I've just had a look on the Mazda site http://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/accessories/mazda-cx-5/2011-11/comfort-utility/C850V7650/ and they are showing an auto fold device for 66 not inc fitting. I wonder if this what your garage is referring to?

Edit: Just seen similar reply from Nighthaunt!

I do hope the auto folding mirrors isn't made standard, it would really annoy me unless it could be over ridden.

FYI I'm having the auto fold mirrors option added to my car on Monday - Dealer is doing it for 60 including VAT and fitting....

Personally I'm having it added as it's something I was used to on my previous car - I find it useful when I think "did I lock the car" I can quickly look at the mirrors.........

Ok. Just phoned the dealers and they again said it was just a setting. I then pointed out it seems to be an accessory - they looked it up and said it (therefore) must be an accessory. With fitting (half hour according to Mazda) will be nearly 100. Not as keen now!

I have my doors on 90 sec auto locking.

FYI I'm having the auto fold mirrors option added to my car on Monday - Dealer is doing it for 60 including VAT and fitting....

Personally I'm having it added as it's something I was used to on my previous car - I find it useful when I think "did I lock the car" I can quickly look at the mirrors.........

Do any of you UK folks know of a dealer that will ship to the US? I want to order some parts but can't find any dealer with an online website that will ship over here.

Back