How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

This is the link to the note on tomtom about the fix

You will need to download the update to your SD card through the Tomtom Home application on your PC. There isn't a direct download link on Tomtom's web site.

Just travelled from Swindon area to Birmingham Airport. Nice strong signal to Worcester area and then nothing......hmmmm. Update installed a couple of days ago.

Just travelled from Swindon area to Birmingham Airport. Nice strong signal to Worcester area and then nothing......hmmmm. Update installed a couple of days ago.

Could that just be signal loss?

My mobile uses Vodaphone, which has poor signals were it live.

Have you tried the clear button on the signal page?

Tom Tom fix doesn't work for me. I installed it two days ago, it says it is trying to connect, then after a few minutes the umbrella symbol appears on the screen. When I use the clear button it tries to connect again, but always fails.

Off topic I know, but would appreciate any help.

I had the car in the dealers 3 days ago and had the ecu/dipstick problem sorted and also the exhaust pressure sensor replaced-which Mazda had written to me about last week.
I've only done about 40 miles since, but on a short run of about 6 miles each way today the consumption increased dramatically. At a steady 35 to 45mph on a flat road it was registering anything between 22 and 31 mpg. This would normally be in the 40-50+ mpg range.
Is this any connection with diesel regeneration I've heard about? If so, how often does it happen and how can I tell when it's happening and can I do anything to reduce it from happening?
Any comments would be appreciated as I am wondering if the dealer somehow did something wrong when it was in and if I need to take it back.

Off topic I know, but would appreciate any help.

I had the car in the dealers 3 days ago and had the ecu/dipstick problem sorted and also the exhaust pressure sensor replaced-which Mazda had written to me about last week.
I've only done about 40 miles since, but on a short run of about 6 miles each way today the consumption increased dramatically. At a steady 35 to 45mph on a flat road it was registering anything between 22 and 31 mpg. This would normally be in the 40-50+ mpg range.
Is this any connection with diesel regeneration I've heard about? If so, how often does it happen and how can I tell when it's happening and can I do anything to reduce it from happening?
Any comments would be appreciated as I am wondering if the dealer somehow did something wrong when it was in and if I need to take it back.

It could be the diesel particulate filter being cleaned and regenerated. You can tell because the MPG drops, as explained in the manual. The car has a number of sensors to determine when it needs doing. Frequent short trips will cause it to activate more regularly. Why would you want to stop it?

It could be the diesel particulate filter being cleaned and regenerated. You can tell because the MPG drops, as explained in the manual. The car has a number of sensors to determine when it needs doing. Frequent short trips will cause it to activate more regularly. Why would you want to stop it?
Thanks Buzzx6r for clarifying the regeneration part, I must have forgotten reading about it in the manual 6 months ago. I worded part of the question badly, it's not that I want to stop the regeneration, it's more a case of what determines the frequency-which you have answered as frequent short journeys.
Thanks again

Its not just short journeys. My car has over 42mpg on the average reading, that's doing short journeys mainly with the occasional 15mile run to the lake I fish on, that's around once a week.

On the whirlpool site owners were getting rising oil levels doing nearly ALL motorway runs! Caused by the regens using diesel to burn off the dpf soot.

The CX-5 goes through a timed regen or part regen, what the latest software has done is extend these intervals, and reduce the fuel used for the burn off.

Lots of intel on the whirlpool forum, and some on this site if you search.

My last car with dpf over 4 years only did 27K with no issues.

xtrailman,

you mention 'the latest software'; I'm wondering if my car has it, or if not, how do we get it. Car first registered 1.09.13

If you have the latest dipstick you have probably got the latest software.

Check the dipstick it should have a letter C on it above the hole for oil level full.

My car at July/13 does.

Well, there is an X above the oil level hole, but much further up the dipstick, beyond the kink is a reference SHO1 10 450C. Is that the 'C'?

I have no idea.( The Vin will tell you the year and were its made).

But if its of any help the 2014 (2013) models have chrome highlights in between the touch screen buttons, and the rev counter red light is now 5500rpm, previously was 5200rpm.

The age of the tyre can be worked out from the code on the tyre.

Best way to date your car is look on the white label on the lower part of the seat-belt.

There will be a date code, Month Year; in my case 06 2012 delivery date was 08/12 purchase 09/12.

It is what the trade use if there is any doubt.

Alex

I actually saw a red CX-5 yesterday, still very rare in our area.

Has anyone with the satnav, who has installed the new software update v.10.850 for Mazda Navigation System NB1, noticed when updating if they still get the Quickfix Gps update included? This used to be a weekly satellite position fix but since the long awaited solution mine doesn't offer it.......Maybe another call to TT support.

Latest posts

Back