How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Had Mine into the Dealers for a look at the TPM system last week which refuses to cancel its warning ( after following the reset procedure). While there had a chat with the tech working on my car rather than Service reception - who don't understand much about cars in my experience. The software for the DPF was updated but no mention of a revised Dipstick, as I have yet to suffer from rising oil I'm not too concerned yet, but its seems that Mazda UK are able to give dealers a push when needed (as in the previous post).

Don't know if the theory I have holds any weight, but MPG seems much better now the ambient temp is rising. Given that this is a Low compression engine for a diesel, I can't help thinking that lower temps leads to more frequent requirements for Regeneration and therefore worse MPG figures.?(thumb)

Tyres

Anticipating the time I'll need to replace tyres on my CX5 I've been looking up prices and see that there are Toyo Proxes R36 225/55/R19's as well as considerably cheaper R36A same size/spec. Anyone any idea what the difference is between the R36 and R36A?

I ordered one of the R36A tyres from TyreDrive as a spare to keep in the garage (it's my wife's CX-5, so it's never far from home, and I'll call out Kwik Fit to fit it). It's exactly the same as the tyres on the CX-5 - in fact, the tyres on our CX-5 are marked as R36A. It was 145 delivered, arrived 2 days from order.

Are any UK owners experiencing the rising oil problem and if so what has the dealer said?

I was shown this D-TECHNICAL-E057/12 today by my Mazda garage when I commented on my oil level looking a tad high. Was also told that a high level would indicate that the car was almost at a dpf regen at which point it would lower back a bit.

I was shown this D-TECHNICAL-E057/12 today by my Mazda garage when I commented on my oil level looking a tad high. Was also told that a high level would indicate that the car was almost at a dpf regen at which point it would lower back a bit.

How can the diesel leave the sump once its in the oil ?

I forgot to post a pic of my new spare wheel which I purchased at great expense....

Attachments

• CX5 spare wheel.JPG
    CX5 spare wheel.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 217
Was just about to order a 175 sport nav from drivethedeal.com only to find they can no longer supply one.

Last time i looked the discount was around 2100.

Not sure what to do now as my local dealers won't go over 1250 last time i shopped round.

I may have to look at other makes.

Was just about to order a 175 sport nav from drivethedeal.com only to find they can no longer supply one.

Last time i looked the discount was around 2100.

Not sure what to do now as my local dealers won't go over 1250 last time i shopped round.

I may have to look at other makes.

Try Autoebid they were cheaper than drivethedeal!

Thanks for the reply.
I've been busy the last two days emailing dealers for prices.

I think i have a price offer that suits, just asking for some extras to be included before i lay a deposit.

Thanks for the reply.
I've been busy the last two days emailing dealers for prices.

I think i have a price offer that suits, just asking for some extras to be included before i lay a deposit.

xtrailman - 'tis a great car I just love mine.

what sort of delivery date are they giving atm? - the waiting for me was almost unbearable. maybe I'm getting more impatient as I'm getting older.

dad of jon; - the waiting for me was almost unbearable. maybe I'm getting more impatient as I'm getting older.[/QUOTE said:
I know how you felt, ordered mine Feb 12 due early May

xtrailman - 'tis a great car I just love mine.

what sort of delivery date are they giving atm? - the waiting for me was almost unbearable. maybe I'm getting more impatient as I'm getting older.

Delivery June/ July.

which would suit me anyway.

I'm hoping to finalise the deal Monday.

Dad does your car have the oil rise or vibrating mirror fault, and what are you getting to the gallon?

Has anyone fitted a FULL sized spare wheel, if so how much packing was required?

The saver tyre cant be used for towing so is no use to me, besides around 200 for the wheel an d 150 for the tyre comes out close to the 350 for the saver kit.

Delivery June/ July.

Dad does your car have the oil rise or vibrating mirror fault, and what are you getting to the gallon?

Has anyone fitted a FULL sized spare wheel, if so how much packing was required?

The saver tyre cant be used for towing so is no use to me, besides around 200 for the wheel an d 150 for the tyre comes out close to the 350 for the saver kit.

I hope the deal goes well for you. I have the space saver spare wheel, it cost just over 300 for the wheel, tyre and foam packing for the wheel well.

Hi Xtrailman

I will be experimenting with putting a spare wheel in, I have summer and winter wheels, both the same size so I want to see how it fits, it would be handy for when I go on longer trips. Ill let you know my findings.
I have vibration in the mirrors (both sides), its pretty strong once above about 50mph, Ive never seen anything like this in any other car before, but to be honest it doesnt bother me much at all. The RVM is a nice function, not all the usefull but good to have. i-stop works very well, much better than "carbuyers" review suggests.

I have a feeling the bonnet has a slight vibration but I sit fairly low so I dont notice it unless I look for it. I was surprised how easy the bonnet metal flexis when you put a bit of weight on it, I was leening over it to lift the wipers off the screen before washing it and the bonnet buckles easily. No big deal though.

No info on oil rise, I havent got round to checking but I will make a plan to check it every so often, just need to read up on the correct way to measure it.

Im getting 45mpg with mixed driving, short routes, cold weather and 50mpg on longer runs, a little more would be possible. FWD only should yield a few more mpgs Im sure. Ive only filled up twice, range looks to be about 530 miles until absolute empty, or 470 miles until range shows zero on trip computer, remember AWD tank has 2 litres more capacity according to Dad of Jon.

Cheers
Iain

Thanks for the feed back.

The fuel returns for the 175 model have been reported as low as 35mpg!
I'd be happy with 40 plus.

The vibrating mirrors are a concern, i don't understand why the later models have this problem, as there is a mod available for the mirror, a brace i believe, mentioned on this forum.
Its of real concern to me because i attach extension mirrors for towing, a legal requirement in the UK.

I've not seen a vibrating door mirror until testing the CX5, other than the wing mirrors on a 1965 cortina!

Thanks for the feed back.

The fuel returns for the 175 model have been reported as low as 35mpg!
I'd be happy with 40 plus.

I've been tracking ours (175 AWD) and we average around 42 on a mix of local and motorway driving.

Haven't seen any significant mirror vibration, but there is a fair bit of wind noise around the drivers door window.

Ive not heard much wind noise at all although I have read about it a lot.

Maybe with wider mirrors for towing, the vibration will be damped down, the extra weight might just help? I need to ask my Dad about his old Cortina, tutti fruity purple, not sure if the mirrors vibrated!

I find it a bit strange that there is a 150ps and 175ps (not sure what bhp exactly) diesel models. Why didnt they just make a 165ps model and save costs? I find the power and torque of the 150ps more than enough so I went for that one. The biggest gripe from my side is the support from the seat when cornering, or lack of. Any kind of spirited driving has me hanging on to the wheel, there simply isnt any bulk on the seats to hold you in place.

Delivery June/ July.

Only done 2K and level just under 1/2 way between full and X mark. I have the old X mark dipstick. I was unable to read dipstick correctly until i'd done about 800 miles and maybe its risen 1mm? I have a 1000 mile trip coming up shortly so will check oil level again after that. So I estimate at worst it might need attention around the 5K Mark, if it gets the ecu update AND a new dipstick that should it fixed.

mileage - my high score is 68.7mpg but normally getting around 50. In town around 45. Vibrating mirrors not seen it happen up to 70mph , maybe I need to go faster? It could be more pronounced with the 19" tyres due to harder ride.

Latest posts

Back