How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

I find the dip stick on my xtrail very difficult to read.

But i get a display up showing "oil ok",soon after starting up, if i push the trip meter reset while this display is up it shows a set of upto 5 blocks which equates to the oil level, on my last Nissan service the oil was filled to the 4th block, so i could see any oil rise, or drop.

Does the CX5 have anything like that?

Nice to read so many positive comments on the CX5.

Nope, that is one cool feature on the xtrail. I suppose Mazda want you to look under the bonnet and admire the blue engine cover (wink).

done just over 100 miles in the car consumption is 47 mpg. I dont drive the vehicle in the manner as described in the manual that would cause the dpf warning light come on so don't expect to get an excessive oil rise.

My car done very well with the worst of the snow in the Abergavenny area which got pretty hard the past few days. Its now filthy and will be even worse when i hit the motorways this week.

I'll keep an eye out for you! what colour did you get?

It that the standard license plate kit that comes with the cx-5? My dealer didn't fit it because he said they don't fit the bumper that good. Can you post some close up pics of the plate?

Will do when I get off nights later this week. Need to give the car a wash first tho!

Pictures of the new CX5

Pictures of the new arrival - Now needs a wash after being out in the white stuff(gah)

Attachments

• Mazda CX5 005.JPG
    Mazda CX5 005.JPG
    928.2 KB · Views: 240
  • Mazda CX5 004.JPG
    Mazda CX5 004.JPG
    886.6 KB · Views: 232
  • Mazda CX5 003.JPG
    Mazda CX5 003.JPG
    890.2 KB · Views: 210
  • Mazda CX5 002.JPG
    Mazda CX5 002.JPG
    870.8 KB · Views: 189
  • Mazda CX5 001.JPG
    Mazda CX5 001.JPG
    835.9 KB · Views: 193
The Kettle is Always on in Devon!

Hello to the forum.

I picked up my new CX-5 last Saturday and have driven it the sum total of 4 miles! I should explain that the dealers were good enough to prep the car for me to collect the day before I went to sea for 2 weeks. It is now in the hands of my wife who is loving it. Having down-sized from a Land Rover Discovery 3 it will take a bit of getting used to but initial impressions are great. We have gone for the 175PS AWD Sport Nav in Stormy Blue to try and emulate the level of gadgetry in the Land Rover. The biggest sell for us was the rear legroom which is necessary for 2 x almost 6' sons.

We are in Plymouth and, from ordering in October to delivery last weekend, we saw the sum total of zero CX-5s on the roads around us! Apparently though, since the What Car? awards enquiries and orders have rocketed.

As a member of Disco3.co.uk forum for 6 years I look forward to the interaction and being able to help each other out. All the very best, hope to be in touch frequently as my knowledge builds.

AJ

Hello to the forum.

I picked up my new CX-5 last Saturday and have driven it the sum total of 4 miles! I should explain that the dealers were good enough to prep the car for me to collect the day before I went to sea for 2 weeks. It is now in the hands of my wife who is loving it. Having down-sized from a Land Rover Discovery 3 it will take a bit of getting used to but initial impressions are great. We have gone for the 175PS AWD Sport Nav in Stormy Blue to try and emulate the level of gadgetry in the Land Rover. The biggest sell for us was the rear legroom which is necessary for 2 x almost 6' sons.

We are in Plymouth and, from ordering in October to delivery last weekend, we saw the sum total of zero CX-5s on the roads around us! Apparently though, since the What Car? awards enquiries and orders have rocketed.

As a member of Disco3.co.uk forum for 6 years I look forward to the interaction and being able to help each other out. All the very best, hope to be in touch frequently as my knowledge builds.

AJ

yes it's a bit of an exclusive car at the mo. None around Swansea apart from mine (detect)

Last edited:
Went to see the dealer yesterday and told them about the niggles I have. I must admit, they were very receptive and asked me to book it in for the day so they can investigate it. The service manager checked Madza Technical and said no change of dipstick or EMU update was needed.

Has anyone noticed a large puff of water vapour occasionally coming out of the exhausts? I don't think it is smoke as it disperses too quickly and I have tried to make it happen but cannot do so.

For those who are interested, I asked about a space saver spare wheel and the surrounding foam etc - 340 inc VAT!!!!!!!!

Plus i got a email from Mazda UK yesterday to say the space saver can not be used for towing!

I asked my dealer about a spare wheel and they said it just was not an option... do you know what dealer can supply them?

Went to see the dealer yesterday and told them about the niggles I have. I must admit, they were very receptive and asked me to book it in for the day so they can investigate it. The service manager checked Madza Technical and said no change of dipstick or EMU update was needed.

Has anyone noticed a large puff of water vapour occasionally coming out of the exhausts? I don't think it is smoke as it disperses too quickly and I have tried to make it happen but cannot do so.

For those who are interested, I asked about a space saver spare wheel and the surrounding foam etc - 340 inc VAT!!!!!!!!

I asked my dealer about a spare wheel and they said it just was not an option... do you know what dealer can supply them?

Mazda agents...... they're on parts system but take about 6-8 weeks to order, Mazda Customer Service says are currently available, seems tyres are on back order.

I was inWarrington Mazda in Cheshire, must admit I didn't ask if they were in stock - I was busy sipping the water as I came round after hearing the price!!!!

Have you made any enquires as to the cost of a full size alloy?

Remember the good old days when if you damaged a alloy, you just put the alloy spare on, and aren't they lighter than a steel wheel?

Last edited:
Not sure if one would fit in the well - I doubt it being lighter though - mine are 19" and look awfully big! I know I won't be stopping at the roadside to change it if I get a puncture, I will call out the recovery people.

I did measure the wheel well, its around 6" deep, not sure what a full size wheel measures, but would expect to raise the boot .

Mazda agents...... they're on parts system but take about 6-8 weeks to order, Mazda Customer Service says are currently available, seems tyres are on back order.

Thanks.... I have ordered one today, which comes with the foam fillers etc for the boot well.... Don't know if it will have space in it for my detachable towbar and for the compressed foam kit ( which I might as well keep as I've paid for it).... Apparently it will be delivered next Thursday ..... Cost is 316 all in..... Very expensive, but I'll be much happier with a spare wheel, even if it is a space saver.

Back