how i got my new mazdaspeed :)

whteltning

:
09 CWP MS3
how i got my new mazdaspeed :) PICS FINALLY ADDED!!

I apologize for the length ahead of time, but it's a good story and it makes me happy to tell it (wiggle)

So I've been driving an 07 gray Mazda 3 i sport since thanksgiving time 07. Insurance bought it for me because I totaled my 03 Civic SI HB :) (long story, I don't talk about it anymore). Anyways, since then, I've been waiting and waiting to get a decent job so I could trade my 3 in for a MAZDASPEED...I'm just about one year out of college and FINALLY got a job! So I started the hunt for a good priced speed and wanted to make sure it was WHITE. After checking all the local dealers' inventories and online specials, it was pretty hard to find many white ones, but found my local dealer in San Jose had a white sport for 20,998 advertised online, way lower than anybody else's prices. Over about a week and a half I went in a few times, test drove it, tried to talk numbers with this dealer, and couldn't get the guy to budge on his price. He said he would try and help me out w/ my trade in but couldn't lower the special. Another nearby dealer had a special online for 20,706 for a couple red ones and a gray, but I called him and talked to him and let him know I really wanted white. He told me the only white he had was fully loaded, but he'd give me the red for 20,300. I finally got him to say he'd give me a white for 20,706 but he didn't actually have the car in stock. He said he'd be having it shipped from somewhere else. He also told me my trade (blind) was gonna be worth anywhere from 9500-11500, just from running the vin. When I got this quote, I went back to my local dealer and tried to get them to beat the price. For some reason they wouldn't do it! Even after I searched the lot and found THREE of the exact same base white ones, he said he was in no hurry to get rid of it. He tried telling me the other dealer would fall through and wouldn't get the car and that he was certainly not gonna give up one of theirs. This was all going on at the same time as this guy is browsing kbb, telling me that my trade in was only gonna be worth about 10k, so lowballed trade and not budging on his price. Well anyways, I called up the other guy and told him I liked his price but wanted to make sure there weren't going to be a crapload of miles put on the car to get it there, cause then I would just buy from my local guy for 20,9 and he could save himself the hassle. Anyways, a few hours later the GM calls me back and says he found a brand new white one off the boat at the Port of Oakland, untouched by ANYBODY, but it might be a special order or already claimed by another dealer. At this point I didn't wanna get too attached and waited for him to call me the next day. Well I'm at work, tripping out cause I can't answer my cell phone cause I just started this job this week, but I got 3 phone calls in a row and then a message and KNEW it was something important. I eventually was able to get outside and I just called him back to hear him saying "I've found your car"..He told me he wanted me to come in and solidify some numbers. Anyways, I went in for the first time this evening and tried to figure out how much he decided I was gonna get for my car....After waiting for like an hour, no communication no nothing, just sitting there w/ my buddy, he comes back w/ my keys and tells me he's giving me 11,675. I was sooo ecstatic, I was ready to take 11 flat! So anyways I put down my 500 deposit for them to get it delivered from the port and I'm gonna go pick it up tomorrow evening!! I'll post pics later on but I'M SO F**CKING STOKED!

Now I've gotta drive it to the other dealer and let them in on my story too
(first)

Hope to be an active part on these boards! see you all soon

Last edited:
Very cool. I've always said that if you don't get the deal you want on the first try, just be patient. Don't let the emotion or the heat of the moment force your hand & end up settling for a deal that you'll regret later. Nicely done!

Yeah thats pretty sweet man! Atleast it hasn't been sitting on the lot as a test drive mule!

Nice, just bought mine a week ago, you will love the car! Like someone already said patience is key, now is a great time to buy a car.

congrats on a good deal & a great 1st post! you've set the bar mighty hi for the rest of your posts, though...we'll expect more of these narrative missives.

pls let me know exactly how many miles are on an MS3 right off the boat. i'm curious bc my dealer swore up & down when i picked up mine that NOBODY touched it from the moment it was delivered, yet it already did have 7 mi on the clock, so i'm wondering if the ppl who drive it on/off the ship actually put that many miles on them. i dunno, it seems a tad high for on/off ship & parking it on a lot?

Congrats, good move on holding out for white.

pls let me know exactly how many miles are on an MS3 right off the boat. i'm curious bc my dealer swore up & down when i picked up mine that NOBODY touched it from the moment it was delivered, yet it already did have 7 mi on the clock, so i'm wondering if the ppl who drive it on/off the ship actually put that many miles on them. i dunno, it seems a tad high for on/off ship & parking it on a lot?

When mine came in off the boat/rail/truck it had 10 miles on it, dealer put 2 miles on it while "filling it up" so when I took possession there was 12 on the clock.

They drive them before shipping. Cars dont just come off the line in Japan and ship. They get started and drivin from paint. Same as US cars and probably more as they get trucked, then on a train possibly then loaded on a ship and unloaded and then again loaded on Truck or train...

Cool man, gratz on the car. Lookup MOCC on the web for your local MOCC group. We meet up all the time and have a big Mazda meet happening in Jul.

Congrats on the purchase, Welcome to the boards, and when you start modding, your going to be even more excited than when you bought the car!

Btw, when I bought my car, it had 2.7 miles on it! When I bought my 04 3s hatch, it was 2.4. Off the boat, into the car yard in Elizabeth, onto the truck, and to my dealership! Bought both off the lot, not special order either.

Kain with the sick burn...

Good job on getting your car. I got an '07 exactly a year ago, and I just pretend that I couldn't get a good deal on a new one now. Otherwise I would cry.

My only request is that your next epic tale involves paragraphs.

What happened to the end of the story? No more posts! I bet the dealer pulled a fast one on him. Hope not though.

Latest posts

Back