How Fast Have You Gone In Your MP3

Status
Not open for further replies.
my es with a CAI and muffler... 125, never tried it again, no real point in it

110mph coming down the hill entering turn 10A at Road Atlanta.

b16.jpg

About 135-140 mph... just over redline in 5th. Kinda a pointless exercise... you can blow an engine just trying to eke more speed over that redline.

Somewhere over 140mph. The car was getting very twitchy.

Since someone will ask it was about 7800+ RPM and I am running 215 45 17 tires. The engine has been built and runs a wolf V4 ECU.

Some loon in a benz thought his car was fast till I reeled him back in.

I'm not positive

But I am pretty sure it was only around 90-95 m.p.h. On the other hand, I held it for about 45 minutes while dog-tailing a punk in an old MX3 who revved on me on an open four-lane. It wasn't really a race as I waited patiently for him to just give up trying to shake me and slow down. He didn't, and about 10 miles from home, my car was treated to a fine mist of oil particles spewing from his ride, and I was treated to watching him pull over in a cloud of smoke. I hurried to the nearest car wash, and I'm pretty sure he phoned up a tow truck. I'll take a well-maintained car over a fast car any day.

132mph drafting my buddy in his Ford Focus SVT (confirmed with GPS). Drag on the Protege is what kills the top end speed... I don't think speeds much higher than this are attainable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back